Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine service required

Views : 710

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 6th, 2019, 14:23   #1
mmarkcooper1

Default Engine service required

Hi guys I own a xc70 d5 2003 model few months back I encountered the dreaded loss of power and engine service required etc, I suspected it was my front and rear engine mounts etc axle I was low on funds I uncapped both ends off etc and to my amazement it sorted it now its come back and plugged in obd dreaded torxpower one and identified it as boost solenoid a peirburg one which I got through work as I work fif a local factors input a new one on cleared the codes for thought I did from stone cold start booting her bright the faultback to current fault not pending ...today I took her out and did the same cold start floored her bam fault pops up loss of power except this time is solenoid fault pending with the engine warm etc I turned the engine off and back on faults gone out of reader and no faults when driving is there something addiontal I need to do to tell the ECU there is a new part fitted etc if I'm right in thinking that any help would be appreciated etc .
mmarkcooper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 16:02   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

take it to adam at readview volvo huncoat nr accrington
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 15:47   #3
pphilpot
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarkcooper1 View Post
Hi guys I own a xc70 d5 2003 model few months back I encountered the dreaded loss of power and engine service required etc, I suspected it was my front and rear engine mounts etc axle I was low on funds I uncapped both ends off etc and to my amazement it sorted it now its come back and plugged in obd dreaded torxpower one and identified it as boost solenoid a peirburg one which I got through work as I work fif a local factors input a new one on cleared the codes for thought I did from stone cold start booting her bright the faultback to current fault not pending ...today I took her out and did the same cold start floored her bam fault pops up loss of power except this time is solenoid fault pending with the engine warm etc I turned the engine off and back on faults gone out of reader and no faults when driving is there something addiontal I need to do to tell the ECU there is a new part fitted etc if I'm right in thinking that any help would be appreciated etc .
I'm unsure if this will help, but when my D5 kept going into limp home mode, and it was cured after I switched off the engine and restarted, I *think* that it was the turbo vanes needing a push - by this I mean stick it in 4th, get to 40mph, and floor it. Do this a couple of times. I haven't had a limp home mode since.
pphilpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 12:07   #4
mmarkcooper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
take it to adam at readview volvo huncoat nr accrington

Ahh yes I know him
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 12:09   #5
mmarkcooper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilpot View Post
I'm unsure if this will help, but when my D5 kept going into limp home mode, and it was cured after I switched off the engine and restarted, I *think* that it was the turbo vanes needing a push - by this I mean stick it in 4th, get to 40mph, and floor it. Do this a couple of times. I haven't had a limp home mode since.
Ahh I've heard of this before in a geartonic box so I'll put into manual
Tbh it only gets used weekends and odd evenings during the week as I have a works van so I think it may need a good blast etc
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 21:25   #6
Anubisxc70
Master Member

When did you last change the fuel filter?
I have a 2004 XC70 and she did that also.
I have replaced the fuel filter. And she is ok
Anubisxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 00:28   #7
mmarkcooper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubisxc70 View Post
When did you last change the fuel filter?
I have a 2004 XC70 and she did that also.
I have replaced the fuel filter. And she is ok
Tbh I got her serviced just under a year ago from memory the fuel didn't get changed , I calculated I've done 3k miles since last August uptown now lol
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 16:18   #8
Anubisxc70
Master Member

One more reason to change it.....
Do you use any injector cleaning?
Anubisxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote