Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

First look at 2021 V90

Views : 5550

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2020, 10:12   #21
dchbrown

I just priced my V90 up and the new one is £4k more!

You gain 18 inch alloys, front fog lights, power memory drivers seat and 4 zone climate for that extra.

You lose 80w on the stereo though so I'm not sure what has happened with that!

Oh and company car tax goes up another £80/month.
Old Apr 7th, 2020, 12:11   #22
LexV90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchbrown View Post
I just priced my V90 up and the new one is £4k more!

You gain 18 inch alloys, front fog lights, power memory drivers seat and 4 zone climate for that extra.

You lose 80w on the stereo though so I'm not sure what has happened with that!

Oh and company car tax goes up another £80/month.
Does that 4k hike include the >£40k luxury car VED?

I didn't realise you could buy a V90 with 17" alloys, they've always been 18" no?

It's always had fog lights too?

Hurray for power drivers seat, get very upset when these aren't included on £40k+ base price cars when so many £20k korean cars have them.
LexV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2020, 22:28   #23
dchbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexV90 View Post
Does that 4k hike include the >£40k luxury car VED?

I didn't realise you could buy a V90 with 17" alloys, they've always been 18" no?

It's always had fog lights too?

Hurray for power drivers seat, get very upset when these aren't included on £40k+ base price cars when so many £20k korean cars have them.
It likely does as well as the increases in VED as well.

My V90 was one of the last before they went to the "Plus" models so back then the D4 Momentum came with 17" but the T4 got the 18" as well as the Pro version. The fog lights were Pro models only as well as the power drivers seat. Everything was Pro only it seems lol
Old Apr 8th, 2020, 09:31   #24
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexV90 View Post
Why?

How often do you move the seat? I'm pretty much the only person who drives my car and once the seat is set that's it. If my OH drives it, she just pulls it forward a couple of notches and then I put it back.

Just don't see this fixation in having an electric seat - had them on my last two cars and didn't really need it.
Old Apr 8th, 2020, 19:54   #25
dchbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsSA View Post
Why?

How often do you move the seat? I'm pretty much the only person who drives my car and once the seat is set that's it. If my OH drives it, she just pulls it forward a couple of notches and then I put it back.

Just don't see this fixation in having an electric seat - had them on my last two cars and didn't really need it.
I seem to catch the adjustment bar with my ankle sometimes and being able to press a restore memory button to get the seat back to its original position would be much simpler than the fiddle to get it back to where it should be!
Old Apr 9th, 2020, 11:35   #26
LexV90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsSA View Post
Why?

Simply because my GF and I switcheroo quite a lot and tend to have a range of family passengers (mum, sis, bro etc). Manual seat adjust just feels very hairshirt and 1980s. A bit like have wind-down windows.
LexV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LexV90 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2020, 11:44   #27
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Only downside with electric seats is how long they take to move when you need to vaccum etc. Would be nice the electric seats also came with the oldschool lever that lets you quickly slide them out of the way.

It's interesting that Volvo do still allow you to manually flip down the passengers seat backrest even on fully electric seats.
Old Apr 10th, 2020, 13:46   #28
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
It's interesting that Volvo do still allow you to manually flip down the passengers seat backrest even on fully electric seats.
Sadly not on at least some SPA cars - this function is missing from my V90 and it's a real frustration.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2020, 12:38   #29
Dilinger

I don't think the picture with the new Drive Mode Selector is accurate.
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2020, 12:55   #30
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonniDK View Post
The center console storage compartment lid / armrest is also different. It used to be shaped and with a hidden open button, now it's a straight line with a visible button.

In Denmark, laminated glass windows are now standard, used to be an option.
All Twin engine models have a different centre console that's all