Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

More major issues with LPG conversion from Classicswede ....

Views : 8918

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 21:07   #41
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodave View Post
Frankly, your opinionated advice is not needed in this case, so leave judgement for people you actually know. Maybe social-skills tips need to be observed and not delivered. The thread complainent thanked me a number of times for exposing relevance wit evidence.
Hi Dave

No disrespect, although from one who knows, it is perhaps best that you add no further.

Regards social skills, and again with absolute respect,and without malice, perhaps you should also observe and have thought by virtue of SOME of your posts (not all)

I do believe I understand you,your thought process, your resultant actions and I do believe I understand as to why you post where you do and why you do.

Additionally, whilst you do probably not know me, I do believe I know you. I do believe our paths have crossed.

Not saying where though!!!

Anyway - do - please take a deep breath before posting.........>>>>>>>>

Appreciated

Last edited by volvorocks; Jan 18th, 2014 at 21:21. Reason: P - OFF......missed a P off appreciated....lol..!!!!
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 21:31   #42
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Hi Dave

No disrespect, although from one who knows, it is perhaps best that you add no further.

Regards social skills, and again with absolute respect,and without malice, perhaps you should also observe and have thought by virtue of SOME of your posts (not all)

I do believe I understand you,your thought process, your resultant actions and I do believe I understand as to why you post where you do and why you do.

Additionally, whilst you do probably not know me, I do believe I know you. I do believe our paths have crossed.

Not saying where though!!!

Anyway - do - please take a deep breath before posting.........>>>>>>>>

Appreciated
See, I'm struggling to see this as an attempt to be sinister, like there's something in my past you are attempting to excavate.

Well spit it out man! Don't insinuate.

Back to thread, and ealier post by Dai: 'I will answer your question here.

I am a fully registered LPG installer. I have no intension of joining the corrupt LPGA/UKLPG for a number of reasons where I disagree with how they have operated and allowed some very shoddy installers get away with some lethal stuff. Things have changed for the better now with them and have put measures in place to try and control standards. Every now and then I do toy with the idea of paying the fee to become a member of the "club". That is all that they are and have no power at all. UK LPG installations are not regulated at all. '

Emal response form Autogas: Autogas
Jan 17 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi Mr Wainright,

Thank you for your email and for bringing this to our attention. A look through our records has shown me that Classic Swede are not and have never been Approved Installers so I can confirm this to you.

I have had a look at their website and while this installer has nowhere advertised himself as an approved installer, if they are indeed informing customers that they are, this is something which we can look into.

I have forwarded your email onto my manager who deals with technical and safety issues.

If you or others would be able to provide any more specific information regarding specific incidents, and instances where they have posed as UKLPG Approved, this would be most helpful.

Best regards

Autogas Administration
UKLPG
drivelpg 021, 321
www.drivelpg.co.uk - The independent consumer guide to LPG autogas in the UK.

So Dai, who are you registered with? Uk LPG installations ARE regulated and monitored by Autogas yes? They oversee installations and deal with registration onto database and all other areas, yes? If you are doing installations, then getting them independently inspected, as you claim, to get installation registered, WHY are some of your installations in such a state, with cheaper parts fitted and pipes not tightened/LPG not running right?

Be interested in open, straight and blunt answers. You have yet another chance to defend.

Last edited by bongodave; Jan 18th, 2014 at 21:39.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 21:33   #43
mollusk
VOC Member

Bongo Dave - I have to ask this.

You have been here two weeks or so working up your caped crusader act, and, in the process managing to upset a number of regulars who, with respect, know a great deal more about the personalities you have chosen to unhelpfully involve yourself with.
You may well think Dai is a charlatan - but if that is the case then he is OUR charlatan and until he carries out unprofessional work for you, at your expense, you have no business getting involved. We are quite capable of dealing with our own problems thank you. If Dai were ever to cross me I most certainly would not need a two week old wooden spoon jumping in the pot. (Dai, you know me well enough to expect me to appear on your door for a "meaningful discussion", not to engage in amateur mud slinging).

Dave, answer me this - do you actually have some sort of psychological or communication issues (in which case you need leeway, sympathy and understanding)? or do you simply like disrupting one forum after another (in which case a sharp stick appropriately inserted is a more useful solution).

When a member of our community offers the good advice to back off - take the advice - turning on them only reinforces the feelings that you are nothing but a stir-merchant. So far you seem to have done nothing to deserve the welcome you were first offered and one thing this community does very well is to very quickly twig who is worth becoming part of it.

Mollusk.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 21:39   #44
k9plums

Quote:
See, I'm struggling to see this as an attempt to be sinister, like there's something in my past you are attempting to excavate.

Back to thread, and ealier post by Dai: 'I will answer your question here.

I am a fully registered LPG installer. I have no intension of joining the corrupt LPGA/UKLPG for a number of reasons where I disagree with how they have operated and allowed some very shoddy installers get away with some lethal stuff. Things have changed for the better now with them and have put measures in place to try and control standards. Every now and then I do toy with the idea of paying the fee to become a member of the "club". That is all that they are and have no power at all. UK LPG installations are not regulated at all. '

Emal response form Autogas: Autogas
Jan 17 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi Mr Wainright,

Thank you for your email and for bringing this to our attention. A look through our records has shown me that Classic Swede are not and have never been Approved Installers so I can confirm this to you.

I have had a look at their website and while this installer has nowhere advertised himself as an approved installer, if they are indeed informing customers that they are, this is something which we can look into.

I have forwarded your email onto my manager who deals with technical and safety issues.

If you or others would be able to provide any more specific information regarding specific incidents, and instances where they have posed as UKLPG Approved, this would be most helpful.

Best regards

Autogas Administration
UKLPG
drivelpg 021, 321
www.drivelpg.co.uk - The independent consumer guide to LPG autogas in the UK.

So Dai, who are you registered with?
And, the same old broken record.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 21:54   #45
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:

Hi Dave

I am not sinister in any way shape or form.

My post to you WAS ACTUALLY IN SUPPORT OF YOU, and now I feel you are 'dissing me''

I do believe you are somewhat altered in your thinking in so far as you think I have an ulterior motive. I do not.

I do believe you think others are ''also out to get you''

All I was saying is that I think I understand your thought process

I am a behavioural psychologist....!!!!....

Regards

Last edited by volvorocks; Jan 18th, 2014 at 22:29. Reason: out to get - not to to get...!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 22:16   #46
TomW

Bongodave
I urge you to leave. This forum is no place for the likes of you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomW For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 22:24   #47
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Bi-polar anyone??

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 22:26   #48
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Bi-polar anyone??

With respect is that an assumptive diagnosis or a dig?

If it is based in knowledge of Daves Bi polar, I think its a bit out of order Brian

Which is it? - cheers

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 22:34   #49
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
Bongodave
I urge you to leave. This forum is no place for the likes of you.
I disagree.

Maybe bongodaves posts are - well I don't know how to describe them really, although they do indicate a persona.

I think it is a tad unfair to lay judgement, because I am sure if bongodave is honest, and having due regard to his posts - he will be the first to admit he may have some issues.

And before you slate me bongodave - read - then read - then read again at least 3 times the post and you will see I am supporting you (not in what you post - although maybe you as a person) ......!!!!!

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 22:36   #50
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Hi Dave

I am not sinister in any way shape or form.

My post to you WAS ACTUALLY IN SUPPORT OF YOU, and now I feel you are 'dissing me''

I do believe you are somewhat altered in your thinking in so far as you think I have an ulterior motive. I do not.

I do believe you think others are ''also out to get you''

All I was saying is that I think I understand your thought process

I am a behavioural psychologist....!!!!....

Regards
Qualifications being?

Surley a psychologist would look at it from a constructive angle, i,e. protect yourself, they ARE out to get you!

No psychologist would say that, in the same sentance as 'i feel you are dissing me!' lol. Nice try Fraud. ;-)
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, classicswede, lpg, lpg conversion, volvo 240