Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Do you dislike radio/music whilst driving?

Views : 4660

Replies : 70

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: What do you like to listen to in your car?
Nothing at all 12 9.52%
Non music radio - ie Radio 4 19 15.08%
Music radio 28 22.22%
CD's - tapes - ipod etc 67 53.17%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 4th, 2007, 23:17   #1
Velorum
VOC Member

Default Do you dislike radio/music whilst driving?

Whilst sat in a traffic jam on the M4 this evening I started pondering this one so thought that I would post it here to see what folks thought.

I am wondering how many Volvo owners dont have (or have but dont use) audio systems in their cars - as in radio/cassette/CD players etc. The reason I ask is that I tend not to listen to the radio/music in the car as I find it a distraction and at times irritating. This is probably just the way my (odd) mind works but Im wondering whether there are many others that feel the same.

Dont get me wrong - I am not a music hater - I used to play bass in a band, and currently amuse myself (and irritate my family I suspect) with frequent banjo/ukulele and theramin playing!

Ian
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 23:19   #2
James_N
VOC Member

Could not live without radio/cd player in my car.

Its only a cheapo £60 job but the thought of sitting in a traffic jam with no radio is like "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh"
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 23:33   #3
John_C
Allons-y!

Heh, that's actually a really interesting question for me and one I simply can't answer properly as it just depends on my mood. 5 years ago I would have been agast at the idea of not having music in the car, 1 year ago I would have said either music from my CD collection or Radio 4 for Today and the 6:30 comedy shows or the morning news, these days I sometimes drive in silence with my own thoughts for company but could just as easily be listening to music on CD or cassette (I have a TAPE PLAYER in my 855! Oh the joy, all those late 80's and early 90's tunes I've not thrown away are back in use!) or have the news on. I actually prefer Radio 4's news to TV's now, more analysis, less showy pics.

I think it's an age thing, I'm a mere 33 mind you

Cheers,
J
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 23:39   #4
lushman

Years ago I would not have listened to anything but cd's, then once Virgin radio had been listened to there was no going back. I have even been on a couple of their compitions live on air but have yet to win anything! Strangely though since Christmas I have been drawn to Radio 2 up until around teatime then back to Virgin after. My other half told me its an age thing!
Laser Blue
17" Satellites
Dual Exhaust
Strut Brace
3" Sports Cat and pipe
ECU remap
Mesh Grille
Projecter Headlights
6CD Multi changer
lushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 00:28   #5
pookie
Premier Member

Radio 2 Radio 4 , tapes and CDs. Mostly music but as said previously Radio 4 news is the best.

Pookie
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 00:52   #6
alsner
In Volvo limbo

Hi, I love music when driving but if I'm in the car around 6:15pm I usually put radio 4 on for the comedy etc. Currently I have a mini disc in my car but no mini discs and haven't got around to fitting CD player yet. On my computer if I started to play all the tunes I have it would play for 10 days solid and that only half of my collection.

Music makes my world go smoother I cannot live without it but then I'm a musician so it kind of makes sense playing the guitar about 3-5 hours a day at the moment.

Sat here now listening to Queens Of The Stoneage (songs for the deaf) with headphones on so not to wake the family, am I sleepy? NO CHANCE!!!

Ali
I will return to the fold when the time is right.

It's Just a Ride
Bill Hicks
alsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 01:31   #7
adamsky01
back for now

Thumbs up Radio 2

Radios 2 for me bring on the banjo lol. yer u got to have music wiliest driving I can remember a time on a open stretch up in the Highlands ac d see was on highway to hell foot to the floor not a feeling like it . Or the A roads blasting through Devon with the eagles take it easy playing nothing better in my opinion
adamsky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 01:33   #8
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Used to be, it was tapes. Made up collections and albums of favourite music of the time.

Now thats a collection of collections in the CD changer and some albums on CD in the car..

Helps set the mood for driving.. Nothing like a bit of Led Zeppelin to get you to your destination quickly!!

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 01:33   #9
adamsky01
back for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsky01 View Post
Radios 2 for me bring on the banjo lol. yer u got to have music wiliest driving I can remember a time on a open stretch up in the Highlands ac d see was on highway to hell foot to the floor not a feeling like it . Or the A roads blasting through Devon with the eagles take it easy playing nothing better in my opinion
I WAS KEEPING TO THE SPEED LIMIT BUY THE WAY

Cough cough
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 01:50   #10
adamsky01
back for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

Used to be, it was tapes. Made up collections and albums of favourite music of the time.

Now thats a collection of collections in the CD changer and some albums on CD in the car..

Helps set the mood for driving.. Nothing like a bit of Led Zeppelin to get you to your destination quickly!!

Des. . .
yes ummmmmmm would that be Heaven buy any chance ur Destination I mean

(For all the young kids reading Led Zeppelin sang a song called stair way to heaven)