Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

[C30] Headlight washers not working

Views : 2379

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2020, 22:45   #11
AJC30

My C30 is a 2009 1.6D R-Design and the washer tank with the two pumps fitted is located directly under the filler cap and is easily accessed by removing the front wheel and the wheel arch inner covers you will see the tank fitted against the bulkhead of the car and not behind the front bumper/fender.
Should it be the washer jets not working they can be pulled out to the spray position and using a small screwdriver released by lifting the locating latch then try the washers to prove water gets to the nozzle outlet if it does its a blocked or faulty nozzle needing a clean or replacing.
Hope this helps
AJC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 22:48   #12
PRainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC30 View Post
My C30 is a 2009 1.6D R-Design and the washer tank with the two pumps fitted is located directly under the filler cap and is easily accessed by removing the front wheel and the wheel arch inner covers you will see the tank fitted against the bulkhead of the car and not behind the front bumper/fender.
Should it be the washer jets not working they can be pulled out to the spray position and using a small screwdriver released by lifting the locating latch then try the washers to prove water gets to the nozzle outlet if it does its a blocked or faulty nozzle needing a clean or replacing.
Hope this helps
So levering them up from their resting position with a plastic lever or something will not damage them?
PRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 23:03   #13
StatusRed
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRainbow View Post
So levering them up from their resting position with a plastic lever or something will not damage them?
You just carefully get your fingers under the plastic covers and slowly and CAREFULLY pull it out towards you, you can then.. carefully unclip the plastic covers which makes it easier to pull out without risking breaking anything.

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 00:41   #14
AJC30

No damage for me I was very careful and used a plastic credit type card to lift the little flap on the bumper then once I could get hold of the nozzle stem used that to pull it up there is a lot of resistance and once the nozzle is released from the ratchet the stem retracts don't worry as when replacing the nozzle it reaches far enough to relocate in the ratchet. I replaced the O ring that didn't work but there is little flap in the nozzle stem that was gummed up on mine after a clean it was ok. I had no idea what to do and managed it in about 1 1/2 hrs
Good luck if you have ago.
AJC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 23:12   #15
PRainbow

Excellent, thank you. Beats having to remove the bumper!
PRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote