Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problem with ETM DIM or NAVI??? Cheap services here

Views : 209310

Replies : 243

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 13th, 2019, 20:41   #231
Si Click

Hi Lukas,

I have a 2008 MY (Gen 3) V70 D5 SE Geartonic with an intermittent fault that I suspect is the DIM. Sometimes when cold the dash shows faults on SRS, ABS and TC together with the usual red and amber flashing lights and sounds. Sometimes the indicators also stop working and often the speedo and rpm gauges show zero. The radio and associated LCD display have also stopped working, but this could be unrelated.

On your Online shop you only show an older DIM for repair. Does this also cover later DIMs?
Si Click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 00:18   #232
spokoluzik
Trader

Hi
I don’t think your problem is related to speedometer at all. Would suggest to run diagnostic and double check before sending speedo to me.
Regards
Lukas

http://volvodiagnostic.com/
spokoluzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 14:06   #233
Si Click

Lukas, I have a standard OBD2 scanner which shows no recorded DTCs.
If you have a sophisticated diagnostic tool which might point to where to fault is I could drive round the M25 to you in Rainham. The problem is that the fault only shows when the car is cold.
Si Click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 19:26   #234
golfandgunnut

Default V70 T5 1999 hunting at idle

Hi Lukas,

My 2.3 T5 estate has had a long running problem with hunting at idle. It varies occasionally in degree but is nearly always there. I've attempted nothing so far but I am considering cleaning the throttle bodies butterfly valves as described in many places.
Unfortunately since last year a 'normal' idle is a requirement for the MOT and my car has just failed this. The garage where it is now has quoted £250 for a second hand throttle bode unit plus fitting. I'm not going to go for that but am contemplating bringing it home and stripping the throttle body unit.
I would appreciate any advice on diagnostic steps I could follow and/or sending the unit to you for refurbishment.
Thanks in advance,
Dave M
golfandgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 16:19   #235
John Underhill

Hi Lukas

I have a 2002 V70 D5 SE with about 125,000 miles on the clock. I have had intermittent problems with the dashboard clock spinning for a couple of years and today I noticed the indicator tell-tales on the dash weren't working, then when I stopped and parked up the speedo and tacho needles remained vertical. When I came back to the car 2 hours later the needles had returned to 0 but on turning on the ignition the only visible light I got was the amber engine management light which went out on starting, but none of the instruments or other lights/displays were working at all. I did a scan with my BSR PPC scanner and recorded the following faults:

CCM001F - always there!
DIM0003
DIM0005
SRS00D4

Whilst erasing the faults for the second time the dashboard came back to life and now appears to be functioning normally, other than the clock spinning when trying to set the time and all the codes (other than CCM001F) have gone and not reappeared after a run.

Am I right in assuming this is the well known DIM issue with this model and should I now send it off to you for a refurb?

Cheers

John Underhill
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 20:49   #236
dingov70
Master Member

CCM001F = air quality sensor wanting replacing as the crystals inside are no longer sampling correctly

DIM0003 = The Code is stored if the DIM detects an internal open circuit in the circuit for the SRS Warning Lamp

DIM0005 = Red General Warning Lamp does not light, The Code is stored if the DIM detects an internal open circuit in the circuit for the General Red Warning Lamp.

SRS00D4 = This Code is stored if the SRS module recieves a CAN signal indicating that the LED in the Combined Intrument Panel (DIM) is broken.

Hope this helps you out
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 16:27   #237
John Underhill

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Underhill View Post
Hi Lukas

I have a 2002 V70 D5 SE with about 125,000 miles on the clock. I have had intermittent problems with the dashboard clock spinning for a couple of years and today I noticed the indicator tell-tales on the dash weren't working, then when I stopped and parked up the speedo and tacho needles remained vertical. When I came back to the car 2 hours later the needles had returned to 0 but on turning on the ignition the only visible light I got was the amber engine management light which went out on starting, but none of the instruments or other lights/displays were working at all. I did a scan with my BSR PPC scanner and recorded the following faults:

CCM001F - always there!
DIM0003
DIM0005
SRS00D4

Whilst erasing the faults for the second time the dashboard came back to life and now appears to be functioning normally, other than the clock spinning when trying to set the time and all the codes (other than CCM001F) have gone and not reappeared after a run.

Am I right in assuming this is the well known DIM issue with this model and should I now send it off to you for a refurb?

Cheers

John Underhill
Just an update on this post, I contacted Lukas and found he was going on holiday on 2 Aug, but he agreed that if I put my DIM in the post he would turn it round before he left!

I duly sent it RM special Delivery by 1pm and it arrived at 12.10pm on Wednesday 31st July. it was delivered to my door fully repaired the next morning 1st August at 1030am. Absolutely no issues or codes on reinstallation and everything now works as it should.

Absolutely brilliant service - thank you Lukas
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 11:40   #238
jim jordan

p/m sent
jim jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2019, 10:39   #239
Sammo

Probably going to need a CEM repair to sort my water ingress issues: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=298662

Lukas - I've just sent an enquiry form through, if it looks fixable I might take the day off on Wednesday and pop over to Rainham. Easy enough to get to from north London and I could do with a break :-D
Sammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 14:51   #240
jim jordan

new clocks came today ,plugged in and hay presto a fully working dash thanks to lukas for a quick speedy turn around top guy
jim jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jim jordan For This Useful Post: