Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My20 xc90

Views : 9814

Replies : 65

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 27th, 2019, 09:02   #11
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
You going for 20 inch wheels on your replacement XC90........ :-)
Well, actually, probably yes!! :-)

I just do not have a problem with road noise at all any more, the Michelin Latitude Sport 3 Acoustic tyres I put on at around 23k have made such a difference, much quieter tyres than the ContiSilents. The combination of the B-pillar mod, and those tyres have made it quite a quiet car! Not the quietest on the road, but perfectly acceptable.

I note from others comments that new cars are now coming on the Michelin's too.

Also, when I had a MY18 Momentum loan car during a service, I noted how the overall insulation of the car was quite notably improved over my MY17 car.

I would also option laminated rear and side windows.

I actually have a lot of respect for Volvo and my local dealer in how they dealt with the issue. It wasn't actually a fault, more just a substandard feature of the car, but not only did Volvo sort it for new cars, they also retrospectively applied fixes to existing cars.

If I go for the Inscription Pro, I think it will be on 21s, which provided its on Michelins, I think I'd be happy with. I've never had an issue with the ride quality, and I'm one of those who does prefer the look of larger wheels. I think the 22" on the R-Design Pro though are just a step too far, there are very few cars out there with such big wheels, apart from blinged RR's, X5 etc, and on a Volvo they just seem a little too against everything else the brand stands for.

:wq
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 09:09   #12
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartM View Post
Swedespeed reporting availability of blond seats for R-Design, though apparently not for UK.
I know, last year sometime I commented on here that my ideal interior trim would be blonde seats and door cards, with everything else black (including both sides of the steering wheel!), and look here it is...

I don't know why we have to have all these country restrictions without good reason, they are all build in the same factory from the same parts bins, so what difference does it make?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voila_Capture 2019-02-27_09-05-36_am.jpg (57.9 KB, 44 views)
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 09:11   #13
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
4. Aux heating oddly missing as option (standard on T8)
This alone would lead me to hold on to my current car for longer.

Volvo UK do make some weird decisions.
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 09:24   #14
Lexman8
Premier Member

Seems there'll be 3 different gear knobs. No obvious manual override on the new ones although it looks like left-right movement may be possible.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gear 1.jpg (20.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Gear 2.jpg (18.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Gear 3.jpg (25.5 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Lexman8; Feb 27th, 2019 at 09:27.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 09:27   #15
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Seems there'll be 3 different gear knobs. No obvious manual override on two of them.
_
ah ok, on which configurator/configuration did you find the first traditional) one?

Old Feb 27th, 2019, 09:35   #16
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
ah ok, on which configurator/configuration did you find the first traditional) one?

Went here https://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/...tions/features and clicked on the 'i' in a circle in the Gear Knobs section.

It doesn't maker clear which models get which knob. The T8 is obvious and perhaps the other new knob is for the B5?
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 10:01   #17
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Went here https://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/...tions/features and clicked on the 'i' in a circle in the Gear Knobs section.

It doesn't maker clear which models get which knob. The T8 is obvious and perhaps the other new knob is for the B5?
Yep, I think you are right. I've just tried a few configurations:

Momentum T5/6 = Older style knob,
Momentum B5 = New style leather
Inscription T5/6 = Older style knob,
Inscription B5 = New style glass.

Of course this is simply going by the illustrations, but seems consistent.

Old Feb 27th, 2019, 11:10   #18
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Yep, I think you are right. I've just tried a few configurations:

Momentum T5/6 = Older style knob,
Momentum B5 = New style leather
Inscription T5/6 = Older style knob,
Inscription B5 = New style glass.

Of course this is simply going by the illustrations, but seems consistent.

I guess we’ll have to see the uk specs to find out if crystal survives in the R Design T8, looks unlikely. Small thing but it would be a big step down for the interior ambience to go back to dull leather, it’s surprising what a difference it makes (IMHO) and also is a regular talking point for passengers!

Shame that blonde R-design interior is not for the UK, I’ve often thought the perfect colour combination would be bursting blue with a blonde charcoal R -design interior or amber / charcoal. Mind, they could have contrast stitched the blonde seats with dark grey thread or something!

Also...am I alone in not liking the black pack look of the new R design trim? If I’d wanted shiny black bits everywhere I’d have got an X5 or a bling bling AMG GLE!

Also, they’re a pain, as you have watch who cleans and with what to avoid the oil swirl look caused by aggressive cleaning chemicals.

I suppose it’s a moot point for me, as current lease doesn’t run out until Jan 2021, and I’m currently minded to renew for another year, by which time the full new model may be available.
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 12:41   #19
volvocamper
Master Member

I agree with you in not liking the black R Design accents - personally i prefer the satin silver.
I also do not like the new wheel designs and prefer the 22” design standard on my 2018 R Design Pro.
Good job as it will be 1 year next month into a 4 year lease so unable to change anytime soon!

Last edited by volvocamper; Feb 27th, 2019 at 14:54.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 15:14   #20
tricky13

looks like r-design gets 20's as standard now
tricky13 is offline   Reply With Quote