Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2001 v70 torslanda

Views : 360

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2019, 21:54   #1
sennaclass65

Default 2001 v70 torslanda

Hi everyone need a bit of help , I have a v70 2001 torslanda , the nsf window has stopped working , the window button was activated to close the window but the window decided to to go the opposite direction and that is where it has stayed . nsf window is fully open now , I ve tried closing it from drivers side button but no joy , I ve had a look at all 3 fuse boxes but cant find the LH window its not listed but is listed in the handbook. how can I check which part is at fault , many thanks Dave.
sennaclass65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2019, 11:16   #2
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

Hi.
Not clear if this is an electrical or a mechanical problem from your description.
Can you hear the mechanism working or trying to work when you operate the switches ?
It`s a common fault that the plastic runners fail and then the window becomes detached from the drive mechanism . Then the window just sits in the bottom of the door whilst the mechanism goes up and down .
I think the front windows are controlled through modules which are protected by fuses. Check fuse 11C / number 27 = 15A and 11c / number 35 = 25A , both in the passenger compt. fuse-box.
Is everything else electrical in the door working OK ?
VOLVOBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2019, 13:16   #3
100K+
Premier Member

Default word of warning...from experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOBOY View Post
It`s a common fault that the plastic runners fail and then the window becomes detached from the drive mechanism . Then the window just sits in the bottom of the door whilst the mechanism goes up and down .

Just suffered the same issue (again) on my 2004 V70. This time I did not fiddle with the switch to raise/lower the window. I just let it sit there until I could get the door panel off and remove the window glass at home.
Because..

Several years ago the same thing happened on the opposite side and I tried to lift the window back up. The window shattered so the repair then became a 3 figure cost repair and not the sub £ 10 I'll be paying this time.

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is online now   Reply With Quote