Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problems with classicswede

Views : 41570

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 23:45   #61
Thanatos
VOC Member

You wanted us to take it to someone you recommended well you can understand why that was refused.

Instead we have got an appointment with VOSA to check it over as an independent body.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 09:47   #62
940_Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
I've only just found this thread as I was wondering why Dai's thread link to prices didn't work and took a look into this section; I was about to tell Dai I am ready to go up to Scotland to have my system fitted. As far as I knew up till this, Dai had lots of satisfied customers?

Dissapointed :-(
You should feel deeply relieved that you didn't part with your hard earned cash. The standard of work Dai has turned out is truly diabolical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
This thread is very disapointing and full of misinformation.

I have offered to have the vehicle in question inspected by another trained LPG installer but the offer was point blank refused by the customer.

I've been around a long time and will be here for a long time to come. I have many satisfied customers some of whom are on this forum. Many of them have chosen not to comment on the threads as they don't want the backlash of the mob. There are many customer I can use as a refrance for any perspective conversion customer.

BTW I am in North Wales not Scotland.
There isn't a mob Dai, there are customers who have parted with their hard earned cash in the expectation of a workmanlike job.

Instead they haven't received the parts they paid for, their cars don't work properly or at all and you point blank refuse to give them their money back and as far as we can tell lack the ability to put right your own work even when given the opportunity to do so.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 14:28   #63
Bristol603

I first read this thread when I returned from my holiday a couple of weeks ago. At that very time my Amazon 122S was with Dai having an LPG conversion fitted. This was the first dealing I had ever had with Dai. I collected my Amazon two weeks ago and have now done 1000 miles on LPG.

The car is running very well. It hasn't missed a beat since I collected it. The car returns 31mpg on petrol and returns 26mpg on LPG, which is exactly in line with my expectations. Power and throttle response are better on petrol, but the engine runs smoother on LPG.

This morning I took my Amazon to my local garage for them to check over the LPG installation. I have been taking my cars to this local garage for 10+ years and I know and trust the mechanics there. Until a couple of years ago, this local garage also fitted LPG conversions themselves and so I thought them well placed to give me an independent and informed opinion upon the LPG installation Dai had done for me. My mechanic had no idea who had done the conversion.

The verdict from my independent and informed local mechanic was, and I quote exactly, that the conversion done by Dai on my Amazon was "a very good job" and had been performed safely and in accordance with the conversion guidelines. I specifically asked them whether they would change anything in the installation and they said no.

I am a happy customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bristol603 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 22:55   #64
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
You wanted us to take it to someone you recommended well you can understand why that was refused.

Instead we have got an appointment with VOSA to check it over as an independent body.

The installer I suggested was the nearest one available on the boost lpg site. I can understand how your dad would have been concerned that I would send him to someone I knew and and would say all was ok even if it was not. If an ukLPG installer issues a cert there are come backs so they would not do that. However if there were any issues they would be in a position to deal with it there and then.

Please get Roy to call me to let me know what comes from the VOSA inspection.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 23:08   #65
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940_Turbo View Post
You should feel deeply relieved that you didn't part with your hard earned cash. The standard of work Dai has turned out is truly diabolical.
Very strange statement that

There isn't a mob Dai, there are customers who have parted with their hard earned cash in the expectation of a workmanlike job.
There are 2 customers who have had issues. Have you been keeping up with the posts on either thread?
Instead they haven't received the parts they paid for, their cars don't work properly or at all and you point blank refuse to give them their money back and as far as we can tell lack the ability to put right your own work even when given the opportunity to do so.
All parts used are correct parts and fully approved for application. I have had no direct contact from either customer to suggest that they are having any running problems. You have made a post saying that Ricks car has cut out and that he is still having ignition problems. You have already told me that you are fully capable of sorting ignition issues yourself. If you do need any advice feel free to contact me as usual.
No one has asked for there money back.

Who is we? are you refering to you and Rick, you and Andrew???

Perhaps you would be better off working with me rather than bad mouthing
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 23:13   #66
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristol603 View Post

This morning I took my Amazon to my local garage for them to check over the LPG installation. I have been taking my cars to this local garage for 10+ years and I know and trust the mechanics there. Until a couple of years ago, this local garage also fitted LPG conversions themselves and so I thought them well placed to give me an independent and informed opinion upon the LPG installation Dai had done for me. My mechanic had no idea who had done the conversion.

The verdict from my independent and informed local mechanic was, and I quote exactly, that the conversion done by Dai on my Amazon was "a very good job" and had been performed safely and in accordance with the conversion guidelines. I specifically asked them whether they would change anything in the installation and they said no.

I am a happy customer.
And this is the typical comments I get when any of my conversions is checked over or looked at by another installer. Anything from very good to fantastic - Even the Prins UK dealer has seen my installations and commented on how good they are.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 10:21   #67
mikealder
VOC Member

Quote:
If an ukLPG installer issues a cert there are come backs so they would not do that.
Why did you supply the vehicle with no certificate??

Are you as an individual ukLPG approved??

- Mike
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 18:30   #68
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealder View Post
Why did you supply the vehicle with no certificate??

Are you as an individual ukLPG approved??

- Mike
The answers are already in the thread.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 18:39   #69
mikealder
VOC Member

I would prefer direct answers to what are direct simple questions - Mike
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 19:12   #70
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
All parts used are correct parts and fully approved for application.
Why have you used tanks that are stamped as being 10 years old on a brand new installation?

Why have you used tanks that are stamped as being 10 years old on a brand new installation when the manufacturer of said tanks states on their own website that the an LPG tank has an expiry of 10 YEARS!???

Why have these 2 installs on this thread gone so horribly wrong and as you would have people believe, just out of character to your normal installs?

In those pictures Mike & Thantos provided earlier in the thread shows as well as listed the fundamental flaws with blatent disreguard for LPG installment guidelines. These are not just little simple doesn't really matter type things but major fookups?? Especially from one who would again have everyone believe he is a wonderful and talented very respected LPG installer??

Last edited by SonyVaio; Aug 26th, 2012 at 19:14.
Closed Thread