Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PCV Service.

Views : 289

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2020, 21:01   #1
Motas88

Default PCV Service.

Hi all,

I think my C70 is a bit poorly of late, still drives fine now I sorted my abs problem but have a few unusual symptoms and was wondering if anybody could shed some light on it.

I’ve noticed that sometimes, when it’s cold if I accelerate in 1st or 2nd gear then dip the clutch to change the revs will keep climbing for a second even though I’m off the throttle. Also linked to this, when the revs drop back down they go below idle and then normalise. Posted a wee while ago that it was running a bit rich and put it down to the cold weather but seems still to be that way still and have a lot of vapour out the exhaust when cold.

I had new tyres put on it recently and the guys let me into the workshop to have a butchers underneath it while it was up in the air and I have an oil leak from the turbo. It looks like it’s coming from the return pipe but can’t be sure until I investigate it fully. It is substantial however, to the point where it’s dripping off the casing.

I think all of these may be linked to the pcv as I topped up the oil a couple of days ago and did the glove test on the oil filler. Needless to say it inflated. This brings me to something I’m having an issue with, looking for a PCV kit to change it but I can only find a kit for 97-99, and from then onwards it’s just the oil catch can and hoses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, mines a X reg 2000, 2.0T 163.

Thanks

Tom
Motas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 20:49   #2
turboboy
Master Member

Vapour (steam) out of a cold engine in cold weather is quite normal, but not when the engine is fully up to temp.

Oil leak from the turbo pipe is quite common and only needs the gasket at one end and the "O" ring at the other of the metal oil pipe changing.

I don't think there is a complete PCV kit for these cars (but I am prepared to be corrected) but the parts can be obtained separately.

HTH

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turboboy For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 21:24   #3
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

FRF, Volvo dealers in the traders section, did 'kits' for PCVs in the past, might be worth a call to them as even if there isn't an actual kit they would possibly be able to assemble one.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 21:48   #4
Motas88

Thanks, wasn’t sure as was going from the parts for Volvo site. Can get a complete kit up to 99 then it is just the oil catch kit. Could anybody tell me if the process for changing it is much and such the same as a pre 2000 850/V/C70 as there’s loads of how to’s on them?

Wasn’t sure if the vapour is linked with it running a bit rich or not thanks though.

Last edited by Motas88; Mar 6th, 2020 at 22:07.
Motas88 is offline   Reply With Quote