Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dog box for xc60 recommendation

Views : 765

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 22:27   #1
HDAV
Master Member

Default Dog box for xc60 recommendation

Might be getting a dog in the next couple of months will be a mid size dog hopefully but want to keep a seat much luggage space as practical so looking at options, gaurd and divider or dog box? Ideally need to be able to drop centre passenger seat to get longer items in

What works
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2019, 09:51   #2
szymanski

Default dog box

i think it depends on the size of your dog..... at first i tried a normal crate in the boot but because of the curved sides of the boot it ended up sitting in the middle of the boot. i ended up getting a harness for the dog and a seatbelt clip and cover for the back seat and now she can sit there comfortably and safely and also look out the window ;-)
then i got a 2nd dog who is a wriggler, she ended up hanging upside down from the seatbelt harness on a drive so went to plan B. got a volvo grill over the back seats so now they have the whole boot to lounge in and i have to make do with back seats to dump shopping and stuff!
szymanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2019, 19:51   #3
GusGecko
from C30 to XC60

I've put a wire crate in the boot. Some space left down the side

GusGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 09:41   #4
HDAV
Master Member

Thanks i was after a specific recommendation for a box that would fit the XC60 and not take up the whole boot.......

Like this
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 14:47   #5
Fimac

we have a medium size dog. use a light fabric travel crate to throw in the boot. he sits in there cosy and fine. it fits in my xc60 boot either way with no need to fold down seats.....
Fimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 12:07   #6
Whyman
Premier Member

Don't forget to look for an escape hatch through the rear seats in case someone rear ends you and the tailgate wil not open!

If you have it it you will probably never need it.
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 14:35   #7
ibates

We had the same issue when we got our and got one for our Lab https://www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/do...ge-8806-0.html. Cannot remember what size it was but NOT large as ordered one of them first and it was to big for the boot. this does leave some space down the side or sides depending on where you put it.

I have also then cable tied it in so it didn't move around the boot including to the ISO fix points on the back of the seats to stop it catching on the rear window.

Hope that helps.
ibates is offline   Reply With Quote