Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

yet another MOT passed with flying colours

Views : 315

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2019, 16:29   #1
ernie bluenose

Default yet another MOT passed with flying colours

Just had my 99 T5 pass with no advisories and lovely comments on its condition.
Was standing outside inthe sun watching it being done and the tester came out and commented that he couldnt believe the condition for the age of the car Did not find a thing wrong and he actually said you have made my day.
Had a couple of new Falkens fitted on the front and a 4 wheel alignment so all good for another year. Dead chuffed. Ernie
ernie bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ernie bluenose For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 25th, 2019, 20:35   #2
tdidave
V70 TDi CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie bluenose View Post
Just had my 99 T5 pass with no advisories and lovely comments on its condition.
Was standing outside inthe sun watching it being done and the tester came out and commented that he couldnt believe the condition for the age of the car Did not find a thing wrong and he actually said you have made my day.
Had a couple of new Falkens fitted on the front and a 4 wheel alignment so all good for another year. Dead chuffed. Ernie
Well done you.. and your T5 of course. Its always a great feeling.. and relief.. when your motor gets through another MOT. These old cars are gradually diminishing in numbers over the years, so its really great news that yours seems set for a few more years yet.

My 1998 V70 Tdi is due in May. There's a few things to look at, but hopefully not too much. Being a diesel, it makes me cringe when they rev the nuts off it during the emissions test. I have visions.. Keeping fingers crossed though. I want another ten years out of the old gal if possible.. ha ha..

Just had a look at the photos of your T5 Ernie.. one word.. Stunning!!!

Dave..

My old Turquoise 850 TDi GLT & my present Garnet Red V70 TDi CD

My 1998 V70 TDi CD : http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/album.php?albumid=654

Last edited by tdidave; Mar 25th, 2019 at 20:42. Reason: PS
tdidave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdidave For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 26th, 2019, 09:16   #3
ernie bluenose

Thanks tdidave for the comments,

I actually think the car looks better now than in those old photos,since then the wheels have been refurbished and the poor light output has been solved by the fitting of projector headlights. Just wish i knew how to post proper full size pictures.
Being an old fogey i probably spend more time polishing it than driving it now.
Its a funny colour Nautic blue metallic,when its a dull day the colour seems a little flat but when the sun comes out it seems to transform everything and it springs to life. The compliments i get never fails to amaze me.

Have owned many cars over the years including Porsche turbos,V12 Jag,Mercs etc but i just love this car.The wife who has had 2 hip operations loves the seats , i love it for the feeling of solidity and the knowledge that it will do everything asked of it every time. Fast when its needed and smooth when its not.

Owned over 10 years now and its never once let me down,starts first time every time and ticks over at 900RPM like clockwork.

Sure there are better examples out there,most of them owned by forum members but this will see my driving days out. It will never be a classic but its a far cry from my first car a 1936 Wolesley 16.

Hopefully it will stay in the family but if not somebody sometime will acquire a fine example of what Volvo used to build. Cheers Ernie
ernie bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernie bluenose For This Useful Post: