Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat.

Views : 17921

Replies : 138

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2010, 22:07   #1
262coupe

Default D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat.

It's true.... picked up mine this afternoon and despite coming from a V8 se lux I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I'm running it in very carefully but even so it feels MUCH more gutsy than the 185s I test-drove. This seems odd as previously discussed on here it is after all only a small difference but maybe there has been a full re-map or something. All I can tell you is so far the signs are good. Pics to follow tomorrow as soon as I get some daylight!
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 262coupe For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 23:40   #2
Rentagas
Swedish Chef

Sounds promising.............
Rentagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 23:44   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 262coupe View Post
It's true.... picked up mine this afternoon and despite coming from a V8 se lux I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I'm running it in very carefully but even so it feels MUCH more gutsy than the 185s I test-drove. This seems odd as previously discussed on here it is after all only a small difference but maybe there has been a full re-map or something. All I can tell you is so far the signs are good. Pics to follow tomorrow as soon as I get some daylight!
Thats good , maybe they have mapped it to be like the D3 which is also a great engine in the S60 . pulls away from rest very sharply .. And you will find over the next 10-20000 miles the engine gets stronger and stronger .. Volvo cars never seem to go as well when they are brand new :-)
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 00:23   #4
drpepper

Quote:
Excellent news! Get a peak at mine in dealers on Friday then collect a week tomorrow after extras fitted and I'm back from a business trip, looking forward to it even more now :-)
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 07:43   #5
Lycanthrope

I don't have a date yet for mine, probably end of February. Sounds good though, cheers!

Have you got the massage seats then, are they good or just a gimmik?
Lycanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 09:19   #6
262coupe

Yes I have massage seats. I guess they are a gimmick in the sense that they do seem totally over the top. However, they seem to really work, esp in the stronger setting of the two options, and I can see myself becoming just as hooked on them as I have on heated seats.
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 09:52   #7
Lycanthrope

And as I understand it there are fans in the seats too that will blow cool air ro keep one's bum cool in winter...?
Lycanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 10:24   #8
262coupe

Yep! is there no end to this ??? Actually though it's great isnt it cos to have a spec list like this car has in an x5 or something you would be looking the wrong side of 55k!
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 12:17   #9
drpepper

Quote:
Yep! is there no end to this ??? Actually though it's great isnt it cos to have a spec list like this car has in an x5 or something you would be looking the wrong side of 55k!
Same with the Discovery 4 hence why I'am buying what I'm buying, performance was the concern but having found the figures I can live with the 0.1 second slower 0-100KPH time, 420NM v's 600NM with the weight difference shouldn't be too bad either and it has a much higher top end.

Anyway Q for you to clear up - nothing in brochures but I believe exec has heated rear seats (here's hoping or my kids will be unimpressed as the D3 has them!).

James.
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 14:08   #10
artwilliam

pics please !
artwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote