Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2008 Sport SE fuel pump break down

Views : 866

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 6th, 2011, 23:51   #1
sjones

Default 2008 Sport SE fuel pump break down

Dear all - I am wondering if anyone has any experience, as my 2008 Sport SE (manual; diesel; 41,000 miles) is recovered to the main dealer.

Drove from Cardiff to Bristol today, all as usual, and within 300 yards of our destination I noticed no noise, power, and looking to the dash all the lights on! So turned the key to off, and tried to restart the engine but nothing! Everybody out . . .

Pushing the car to the side of the road, I noticed a wet trail on the road, and it was diesel. Checking under the car a drip from the driver's side from the fuel filter, and touching it, it came off in my hand! Would not screw back on tightly (a plastic cup, with plastic threads. The Volvo Assist mechanic (very good chap, but 4 hours waiting) screwed it back on and starting the engine it popped off immediately! At least £2500 worth of diesel spilled - well a cup ful anyway.

However, my question is does anyone have any experience please? The roadside mechanic was flumoxed, but commented that a plastic vessel with plastic threads felt flimsy. Now off to the dealer . . . I will post their answer here, but would love to have some perspective when in conversation this week.

Thanks all!

Simon
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sjones For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 03:27   #2
Haryer

Default 2008 Sport SE fuel pump break down

87 convert 5.0 wheres the fuel pump relay:
ran outa gas and car wwont start added gas nothing any input would be great thanks
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 09:34   #3
JimG
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haryer View Post
87 convert 5.0 wheres the fuel pump relay:
ran outa gas and car wwont start added gas nothing any input would be great thanks
.....???
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 00:03   #4
sjones

Default Hmm

Thanks JimG - beat me to it . . .
Two days and no word from Dealer, but when I get an answer I will post it here :-/
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xc90 sportse fuel filter