Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY23 S60 T8 Recharge arriving tomorrow.

Views : 2816

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2023, 19:38   #1
Mty2608

Default MY23 S60 T8 Recharge arriving tomorrow.

HI, finally arriving tomorrow, thats been a long 15 months.
Any tips/hints on set up etc, my first Volvo.
Mty2608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2023, 17:05   #2
BrettEverett

I just upgraded my 2017 S90 last month to a MY22 S90 Recharge and after a month I can safely say that I now regret every single decision I made that led me up to this moment in my life. Volvo have massively dropped the ball on their new cars. Software is nowhere near ready, mechanical stuff is not what it used to be. I can’t wait to get rid of it. There are so many cars out there where you get a lot more “car” for the same money. Mine just feels unfinished from so many perspectives. Real shame… Having said all that, this is my personal opinion and experience and I do genuinely hope that you’ll like yours and everything works out for you with your S60. Let us know in a month or so your initial thoughts and how you’re getting on.
BrettEverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2023, 17:10   #3
BrettEverett

In terms of hints/tips, the one thing that I wish they’d shown me when I picked up mine is the Google account set up from scratch. Took me a while so take your time, get comfy and just follow all the steps thru. There will be quite a lot of tick boxes to opt in/out of Google services like tracking and voice recordings and search history etc. I’d recommend you take as much time as you need to read thru all of those settings and only opt into services that you do need and want. The rest is quite straightforward, at least I can’t think of anything else atm.
BrettEverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2023, 21:09   #4
47yellow

Sorry no tips. I ordered my S60 Recharge last January estimated delivery end of June. Originally scheduled for December I am still doubtful it will arrive on time.

I am looking forward to receiving and excited to see how it drives. Im currently in a BMW 330e

I look forward to seeing how you get on with it.
47yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2023, 22:15   #5
mr rusty

Quote:
I just upgraded my 2017 S90 last month to a MY22 S90 Recharge and after a month I can safely say that I now regret every single decision I made that led me up to this moment
I have to disagree. I went from a 68 plate V90 D4 to a MY23 V90 T6 recharge and it is definitely different. From a software side, I find the AAOS system better than Sensus. A few settings (I didn't use) are missing - like themed displays and ability to change steering weight, but maps are better, voice control is better, apps availability is better.

Mechanically it's difficult to compare a pure diesel with the recharge, but I love silently running around under electric, and everything works as it should. The T6 has more toys.

One minor downside is the D4 on 17" wheels was a better ride than the 19's on the T6, but the 19's look better!

My dealer, Rybrook preston, did all the set-up with me in the car, and there was a fair bit to do.

I'm happy.
Old May 11th, 2023, 08:20   #6
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettEverett View Post
In terms of hints/tips, the one thing that I wish they’d shown me when I picked up mine is the Google account set up from scratch. Took me a while so take your time, get comfy and just follow all the steps thru. There will be quite a lot of tick boxes to opt in/out of Google services like tracking and voice recordings and search history etc. I’d recommend you take as much time as you need to read thru all of those settings and only opt into services that you do need and want. The rest is quite straightforward, at least I can’t think of anything else atm.
The Volvo dealer should have set the car software up with you, that's poor service if they didn't and you should inform Volvo directly about that.
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2023, 08:27   #7
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mty2608 View Post
HI, finally arriving tomorrow, thats been a long 15 months.
Any tips/hints on set up etc, my first Volvo.
Well firstly congratulations on the new car that's a long time to wait!
Given what has been said by another poster I would hope your experience is better and a Volvo tech member will set the car up with you and go through any questions you have. Take your time to go through the system options one at a time. Have your phone with you too of course!
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2023, 09:52   #8
CocoPops
VOC Member

AAOS is the biggest change.
Yes, it's disappointing that AAOS doesn't match Sensus for some features, and the software development/rollout plan isn't fast enough, BUT... Inbuilt Apps (inc Google Maps for example) are far better than Sensus.

I use Apple CarPlay and now almost wonder if I need it due to the google maps inbuilt etc.

If Volvo matched Sensus with AAOS from day one for features, then I think a lot of the negativity would disappear.
The Following User Says Thank You to CocoPops For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2023, 12:16   #9
Hogster

Depending on what car you're coming from, you may find the adjustment to the Volvo with the everything-through-the-touchscreen approach frustrating at first (I did when coming from a series of VAG cars). However, stick with it, because once you get used to it, it's worth the patience, and the Volvo is a lovely place to be!

Enjoy!
Old May 12th, 2023, 15:32   #10
neilgorin

The seats will get softer with time.