Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your S80/V70/XC70 today?

Views : 519966

Replies : 485

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 11th, 2018, 19:04   #141
Ruffgeezer

Oops, posted this in the wrong place, sorry!
Ruffgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 23:55   #142
graham3591

Hello all, I'm new to the site and have an XC70 2.0 manual with 69k miles on a 2010 plate, I service it regularly with the last service done at 66k. the car is very jumpy/jolty when going up the gears to about 30mph. I have had the car into a local Volvo garage (not a main dealer) who ran a diagnostic on the car without any faults showing. he went as far as suggesting that the ECU may need to be replaced(is this the correct abbreviation for the onboard computer) but as this would be an expensive option and the last resort, I was wondering if anyone has had this experience or may know what is causing the car to be jolting, this happens mainly when town driving and using the gears a lot.
graham3591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 16:13   #143
Waynedance

Did this the other day.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285332
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 21:32   #144
Waynedance

https://photos.app.goo.gl/E2VpZgFJiHV1TQHG8

Self explanatory.

What's fitted to the R Design models.
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 17:22   #145
george57l
George

Unhappy What did *I* do to my XC70? Nothing, but don't ask!

I am technically still the owner of a 2012 XC70 T6 Polestar.

Two weeks ago someone side-swiped me on the front nearside wheel, at speed (me doing 45-50?). Passenger door bashed and hinges a bit stuck, front wing bashed, rear door scraped and front nearside wheel not quite where it should be, but it drove 30 yards to get to a lay-by and then another 10 yards, ok, later. Recovered on low loader. Did not see recovery as taxi arrived (big thanks to Volvo Assistance!) just as low loader guy was starting to prep for loading.

When I go to see it at the repairer, the front wheel is sitting on a dolly at 70/80 degrees to the car - not overly suprised as the wheel was definitely not sitting in the right place in the wheel arch when I left it.

Then I was told the driveshaft had somehow become detached from the gearbox! (Not being very mechanical, I'm not sure how that could have come about. Did it happen in the accident? Did it happen when the car was dragged on to the low loader? We'll never know.)

Repairs are now estimated at well into five figures (£12k? £14k?) and heading to a risk area where until the driveshaft is reunited with gearbox nobody knows if that's it, or more damage needs more parts and labour (even a new gearbox at £7k, if that was damaged when the driveshaft came out, or so I'm told), so now the third party's insurer (who accepted 100% liability the day of the accident) wants to write the car off rather than take the risk on repairs.

Third party's insurer offers me £15.3k. I laugh. Paid £21k two years ago, when it still had only 20k miles and it still has only 40k miles - on a 6 year old car. Which was very extensively specified at new - I can hardly find an option the original buyer did NOT order. And it's a Polestar, remember.

Currently awaiting insurer's revised valuation (they now accept the first number was wrong).
I'm not prepared to ask for the salvage, and risk funding unknown repairs myself, and they are pretty adamant it is "beyond economical repair" even, I suspect, if they end up offering me a much improved valuation that is a few thousand pounds more than current repair estimate.

But here's the rub:

- There was ONE available XC70 T6 in the whole country via Volvo Selekt when I bought it (which is WHY I bought it - needed to dump my diesel V70 AWD as I no longer did the mileage and "soot filter full' was getting rather tedious). So I knew it was a rare car, then - to say nothing of being Polestar too.

- There was ONE XC70 T6 available at a Volvo dealer this week for £23k, one year younger than mine, which I would have bought like a shot had the insurer settled properly and more quickly rather than causing delay by arguing about valuation before eventually realising it was wrong. I'd have bought it even if I had ended up slightly out of pocket by having to supplement the insurer's offer to buy this one. They are hard to find.

Guess what? The Volvo dealer sold that car this morning. Damn!

Anyone thinking of chopping in a 2012 or later XC70 T6 for a new Volvo of some sort any time soon?
If so, do drop me a line!
Please?
Pretty please?
;-)

Last edited by george57l; Sep 22nd, 2018 at 18:11.
george57l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 17:54   #146
Waynedance

Had a remap.

Supposed to have gone from 185bhp tp 235bhp and from 400nm to 475nm.

Not driven the car yet so time will tell.
Old Oct 7th, 2018, 18:15   #147
stevepen

Clay, polish and wax. Gave the fortuna alloys good polish and sealant. Oiled all the door handles, much better now as they all seemed to click before. Lowered the tyre pressures from the Volvo eco setting, now much quieter and smoother.
stevepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 14:46   #148
Waynedance

Sorted leaking washer pipe on the head light washer.
Replaced rear anti roll bar drop links.
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 10:21   #149
stevepen

Changed number plate bulbs to LED. Changed air filter. New wiper blades.
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 11:08   #150
Waynedance

Got to love Led's, have you changed anything else?

I have done, Interior inc map lights, reverse lights, side lights, foot well etc.