Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any 2003 V70R modified .... comments needed

Views : 2308

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:03   #21
addyman

Interesting posts, I am in the market for the BSR uploader thingy, purely as when i am driving i like to have more HP, and when other half is driving, she of only three years driving experience, i fancy taking the HP back to standard....

Can you get different states of tune withe the BSR thingy? say only 300hp?
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 13:16   #22
chris956

From my research into these little boxes , you have the choice of standard or higher performance map. It is not adjustable. Its either in or out. Thats the softloader type. There are other types that take out your ECU and then solder a piggyback chip into place so obviously once that in its in. I know what you mean and I would like the same thing . I`m sure it can be done. All you need is a small hidden switch for standard or increased performance BUT then I spose thats what the throttle pedal is for !!!!!
chris956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 20:50   #23
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves60rr View Post
dont forgot a better intercooler on the R would improve things, ie fmic, not sandwiched between other things!
dave
You mean something like this Dave??
The difference it has made is absolutely unbelievable and it does not affect the air-con either!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FMIC1 (Large).jpg (103.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg FMIC2 (Large).jpg (127.0 KB, 23 views)

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 22:16   #24
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris956 View Post
All I want is comments from guys with this car who have had it done and what they think of the results. I am leaning towards the BSR PPC so if you have had that then please give me your honest opinion.
Hi Chris,

I have had MTE work on my cars and am extremely pleased with the results. I would recommend you have a look at www.wothrline.com which is a very well written website hosted by Janne Ellwoth from Volvo's Special Vehicles Division. I think you will find his comments to be of special interest given he was closely involved with the software / engine development side of the latest "R" cars and has himself worked with another Scandinavian tuning company on a special S60R project car.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote