Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Android Head Unit

Views : 3096

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2023, 08:26   #1
SoundsDigital

Default Android Head Unit

Recently bought a 2010 V50. My Previous car, a Ford Mondeo had an Android head unit fitted which had a facia that integrated nicely in the existing facure of the dash.

Are there any similar units available for the V50?

I've looked at a few on Amazon that say they "fit" the V50 though I suspect that they only "fit" with a lot of brute force and duck tape as they don't really look like the same shape as the existing system.

Anyone managed to find something that fits tidily and isn't ridiculously expensive?

Doesn't have to be android, though that would be my preference, but would ideally have a sat nav and blue tooth.

Last edited by SoundsDigital; May 27th, 2023 at 08:27. Reason: spelling
SoundsDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2023, 00:45   #2
StatusRed
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsDigital View Post
Recently bought a 2010 V50. My Previous car, a Ford Mondeo had an Android head unit fitted which had a facia that integrated nicely in the existing facure of the dash.

I've looked at a few on Amazon that say they "fit" the V50 though I suspect that they only "fit" with a lot of brute force and duck tape as they don't really look like the same shape as the existing system.

Anyone managed to find something that fits tidily and isn't ridiculously expensive?

Doesn't have to be android, though that would be my preference, but would ideally have a sat nav and blue tooth.
Bluepower, but lots of problems seen with them + poor customer service.

Or.. magnet mount an iPad or Android tablet on the dash and connect to AUX.

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2023, 20:56   #3
ComedyNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsDigital View Post

If your car has the old factory nav with the flip screen there's lots of choices for units that top mount and replace the old screen. If it doesn't and you've got a smooth dash then that option doesn't fly.
ComedyNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 16:28   #4
Acuity30

Just use a Mr12V if you want BT music
Acuity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acuity30 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2023, 21:11   #5
FunkyMelon
Master Member

I got myself a cheap wireless Android auto display from AliExpress.

I thought it would be a piece of crap but actually, I'm very impressed, it's 10.26 inches, has dual bluetooth, so will connect automatically to my phone and the bluetooth to aux adapter I have in the armrest USB.

I designed a simple 3D printed bracket that fits behind the center arm vents with the power cable and makes it all look pretty OEM

Last edited by FunkyMelon; Aug 9th, 2023 at 21:15.
FunkyMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunkyMelon For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 20th, 2023, 14:55   #6
ShizuokaMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComedyNose View Post
If your car has the old factory nav with the flip screen there's lots of choices for units that top mount and replace the old screen. If it doesn't and you've got a smooth dash then that option doesn't fly.
This is me. Please share.
ShizuokaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2023, 17:16   #7
Teddy1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post
Can you provide more details for this, a link to the product perhaps? There's a lot of those on AliE and my experience with that marketplace is that it is more luck than anything if you receive what you ordered and it works as advertised.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2023, 22:15   #8
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy1975 View Post
Can you provide more details for this, a link to the product perhaps? There's a lot of those on AliE and my experience with that marketplace is that it is more luck than anything if you receive what you ordered and it works as advertised.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...ZZBeXtu6F4il1U
Old Sep 22nd, 2023, 01:54   #9
mark2410

Quote:

I thought it would be a piece of crap but actually, I'm very impressed, it's 10.26 inches, has dual bluetooth, so will connect automatically to my phone and the bluetooth to aux adapter I have in the armrest USB.

I designed a simple 3D printed bracket that fits behind the center arm vents with the power cable and makes it all look pretty OEM

you wouldnt be able to share the 3d bracket you created and maybe have any info on how you wired this up would you?
2018 v90 D4 LHD
2009 C30 T5
mark2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2023, 07:01   #10
Sinnertie

Quote:
I second this and would also like to ask for a design file please.
Sinnertie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headunits, radio, satnav