Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea

Views : 452504

Replies : 857

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 18:42   #741
cheshired5
Premier Member

FRF are one of the few companies that I enjoy spending money with.
Simon and his colleagues are knowledgeable, friendly and reliable.
Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 19:02   #742
ASt85
Premier Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
FRF are one of the few companies that I enjoy spending money with.
Simon and his colleagues are knowledgeable, friendly and reliable.
Couldn't agree more - the level of help and support FRF provide far exceeds that of my local Volvo dealer.

FRF supply in the time it takes for my local dealer to get the part in even though on occasion I've had to pay the local dealer up front before they'll actually order the part. The round trip to the local dealer costs more in fuel than the P&P charged by FRF - so, guess who I prefer to use?

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 19:49   #743
Scooser

Ordered some brake pads from FRF a while back. Arrived as a bag of bits (in one of those tough polythene bags you they now sent stuff out in). I was not impressed.

They either sent out the boxes as unsealed, or didn'tbother to seal them properly if the box was opened prior to dispatch.

I had to discuss each part with them in turn to make sure they were not damaged or something was not lost.
Scooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2016, 00:42   #744
Jebus
VOC Member

Today was the 2nd time I spoke to the guys at FRF, phoned a while ago about trim clips, very nice guy got the price but ended up with a bag on ebay for a little cheaper from a dealer having a clear out I think.

Today phoned up after the phone rang out at my local one, am fortunate that working for a breakers yard means I can get hold of part numbers from partslink, but wasn't 100% which was relevant for my car, the guy I spoke to helped me very quickly, priced everything up got the order sorted out nice and fast, and cheaper than I'd have gotten it trade via work (did enjoy the slight chuckle at the unexpected low price for the part haha)

Full recommend these guys, they are very good at what they do also a shout out to the FRF group as a whole they must do a decent job of looking after the staff, and keep them happy and it shows in their work, which is nice to see.

2005 S60 2.0T the baby T5
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2017, 14:35   #745
barkster1971
VOC Member

Default Rufe inbox

Could you clear some space in your inbox please.
Old Feb 6th, 2017, 16:23   #746
silverback02
Premier Member

Hi Simon and your pals.
I'm looking for the Green clips (part Nos 9485149) and seals (part Nos 3537503) for the AUTOMATIC GEARBOX OIL COOLER pipes,
How much posted plz for TWO sets. To BT197SS (No2).
cheers
Joe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volvo C70 oil cooler fittings.jpg (130.6 KB, 11 views)
RTI CD. SC901 Prem sound sys. Strut Brace
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 19:53   #747
Jebus
VOC Member

Guys, you need to phone for prices, but unlike most dealers they actually pick the phone up!

Old Feb 8th, 2017, 09:43   #748
skyship007
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Today was the 2nd time I spoke to the guys at FRF, phoned a while ago about trim clips, very nice guy got the price but ended up with a bag on ebay for a little cheaper from a dealer having a clear out I think.

Today phoned up after the phone rang out at my local one, am fortunate that working for a breakers yard means I can get hold of part numbers from partslink, but wasn't 100% which was relevant for my car, the guy I spoke to helped me very quickly, priced everything up got the order sorted out nice and fast, and cheaper than I'd have gotten it trade via work (did enjoy the slight chuckle at the unexpected low price for the part haha)

Full recommend these guys, they are very good at what they do also a shout out to the FRF group as a whole they must do a decent job of looking after the staff, and keep them happy and it shows in their work, which is nice to see.
Never known a Volvo dealer clear parts out on Fleabay, very few hold stock they just order up from their main certified parts base.

If you see gen Volvo parts on Fleabay they are probably just cheap copies or far Eastern stock dumped after failing Q&A checks.
Skandix often make common own label alternative parts that are cheaper than OEM, although FRF are sometimes just as cheap for gen Volvo.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2017, 23:36   #749
Jebus
VOC Member

yeah turns out it wasn't a dealer, but the parts all look fine and saved a few quid.

Old Feb 10th, 2017, 01:03   #750
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyship007 View Post
If you see gen Volvo parts on Fleabay they are probably just cheap copies or far Eastern stock dumped after failing Q&A checks.
Not true.
Several large, reputable Volvo main dealers sell on eBay.
I've personally used at least 4.

Tags
discounted parts, frf, genuine parts, good service, mail order, simon, volvo parts