Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > ETM Issues

Notices

ETM Issues Discuss issues regarding the problems with ETMs fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ETM replacement Volvo dealer costs - who charges what

Views : 4234

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 29th, 2007, 11:02   #11
volvo2
Master Member

"never had it serviced at a dealer" Why on should I have to have my car serviced at a dealer? Volvo tried this kind of thing before in relation to guarantees and were stopped. This part is defective!

I know I have mentioned this many times before on this forum but why don't we each simply send an e-mail to BBC Watchdog ('watchdog@bbc.co.uk') in an effort to get a better result from Volvo UK? They are still interested.

Melvyn
volvo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 16:25   #12
Linx

I had mine replaced by Johnson's of Redditch last month.
Software control module downloading £19.20 + VAT
ETM intake manifold remove-install £70.39 + VAT
Throttle housing £119.68 + VAT (including Volvo UK 20% discount)
Total £245.89.

Although I realise this is less than a lot of people have paid, I was a bit ****ed off as the Volvo web-site states "Volvo is aware that some customers may be experiencing symptoms of an ETM malfunction or are concerned about the running of their vehicle and has therefore made a software upgrade and a component clean service available FREE OF CHARGE through approved Volvo dealers"

Therefore I don't think I should have been charged for the software or labour. The shop defended themselves by saying they tried to get my old one working first and that you only get ONE free removal and software update. When I queried Volvo UK over this, they said it was correct.

My car is a 1999 V70 T5. 112000 miles. Excellent condition and FSH. However it has previosly been fitted with a second-hand ETM.

Symptoms were ETS light on all the time (it had been coming on occasionally for months), MIL light on occasionally, no cruise control, irratic idle.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 02:25   #13
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Then sue the dealer AND VCUK for your money back.

The legal principles havebeen discussed here and at least one person has had a full refund (admitedly from a dealer only action)..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 14:30   #14
bimbobarbie

Rybrook Volvo Chester quoted today £402.97
bimbobarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 18:40   #15
wg53

try slaters in abergele, 40 mins from chester about £250 (although there is a waiting list for the parts - with all dealers). Rybrook are way too expensive
wg53 is offline   Reply With Quote