Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 tdi's

Views : 733

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 17:39   #1
MikeRob

Hi
I run a W-reg V70tdi (new shape) which i've had chipped,has anybody had problems or know of problems with sluggishness and un-responsive below 2000rpm its a flat spot from 1000rpm to 2000rpm, my car is just dead below this up to the turbo kicking in and then the road gets torn up, but below its like driving a tractor, for instance coming off roundabouts in 3rd is a no no, because i get stuck in the flat spot got to be second or im stuck watchin the rev counter finally reach 2000rpm then it comes alive!

Having drove a number of tdi's and found they were very responsive, not so with the volvo or is it just mine.

Would appreciate help, cos i like the car and dont want to replace it, but its annoying me and im losing faith in a superb car thats a tractor below 2000rpm,thanks for any avice recieved.
Mike
V70 tdi,se

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 21:32   #2
Andy Mcl

Default RE: V70 tdi's

Hi Mike,
I have a old shape V70 with the same lump in also chipped and certainly it is not rapid to respond at low revs (ie 1100- 1400 but once you get to 1700 all hell brakes loose.
One thing it may be is the mass air flow meter - we also have a Skoda Octavia that is chipped and this had the same symptoms as you describe - to check this I unplugged the MAF when the engine was running and it made no difference - it should go horrible if the MAF is working properly. Other than that check the pump timing as this may be out, but my favourite would be the MAF as I think your's is the hot wire device that only last to about 60k and just fail giving reduced low end performance.
All modern tdi's with the Bosch MAF suffer from this ailment so don't be down hearted when on song these diesels go well.
IPD anti - roll bars
Diesel power!!
Andy Mcl is offline   Reply With Quote