Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1988 240 GLT tan leather seats/door panels

Views : 1147

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:17   #1
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Default 1988 240 GLT tan leather seats/door panels

Hi all,

I have just bought myself, sight unseen, an '88 volvo 240 GLT estate with the tan leather interior off eBay. I've picked it up today, and while it's in good nick mechanically, the previous owner hasn't given the interior much love. Both front seats, the front door cards and the handbrake surround are pretty much ruined, so I'm looking for these parts in usable condition. I might be interested in the boot carpeting and side panels too if I can't clean off the current ones.

Or, if anybody has a full set of black seats, door panels and carpet, I could buy that and swap the whole lot over.

I also have a '93 240 torslanda in reasonable condition going for scrap, so I could trade parts from that.

Thanks
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 21:49   #2
gary austin

Red face tan seats

hi wooble the tan interior is quite rare you should try to clean what youve got ive also got tan in my 240glt. there was a pair of door cards on ebay recently but were for pre electric windows ie holes for winder handles.for small trim bits ie new handbrake suround armrests ect try ebay.com lots in the usa. i changed my handbrake suround to black looks fine just had to spray the hand brake lever to match good luck gary
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 00:29   #3
wooble
Stay gold baby!

I knew the tan interior was quite rare when I bought it - I didn't know quite what a state it was in, though. Water damage, tears, cigarette burns, the whole nine yards! The driver's seat at least requires total replacement, the frame's snapped and the whole seat is covered in cuts, and both front door cards are broken in two. Nothing remained of the handbrake surround but shards! Not at all pleased with the seller who did his best to hide all this.

I'm in 2 minds, whether to cut my losses and sell the car for whatever I can get, or whether to try and replace the interior with a full set from a car being broken. I've no problem changing over to a black leather interior if I can find one for a good price.
Old May 5th, 2009, 22:25   #4
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

I think our local breakers has a 240 with tan leather in it, will have a look for you when I am next there, may not be until the weekend though.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:13   #5
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Thankyou, I would really appreciate that!