Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 carfuffle

Views : 548

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 29th, 2022, 22:28   #1
Gangmoney

Default C30 carfuffle

So, I have a 2011 c30 1.6. Car drove great until the hot weather came, decided to turn off DSTC to have a little fun. Car then juddered like wheel spin, stalling or just a odd patch of road. Car then threw up anti skid service required, engine service required, then it had the cheek to say its due a service. Anyway it went into limp mode managed to pull over turned it off and on again, problem went away. Happened again but I didn't turn off dstc. Today it happened a third time. This time I noticed it turned off dstc by itself and went into limp mode, spent 10 minutes turning off and on again. Threw on a check engine light and it wss about to happen again when I pulled off but reduced throttle and it carried on okay, might only happen when hard acceleration? Got home ran a scan, and it threw up the code U0401. I'm hopeless with electrics and I really can't afford to break the bank.ive cleared the codes for tonight and I'll give it a try tomorrow to see what shows up but any input and advice would be fantastic, I love this car its great and cheap to run but not when it breaks. Sorry for rambling but help please.
Also attached the freeze frame from when it happened seems okay to me but yeah cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220829-172852.jpg (98.5 KB, 12 views)
Gangmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 16:07   #2
5cilinder
Premier Member

I didnt knew that those furious 1.6 engines needed traction control
Or that those cars where the new status symbols or getaway cars for gangs nowadays
5cilinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 19:58   #3
Gangmoney

I'll have you know that 1.6 is pretty meaty..down hill with the wind behind you 😂 and times are tight for gang stuff, gotta keep costs low and mpg was to hard to resist
Gangmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 20:54   #4
5cilinder
Premier Member

Just joking, hope somebody can help you
5cilinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 22:36   #5
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangmoney View Post
So, I have a 2011 c30 1.6. Car drove great until the hot weather came, decided to turn off DSTC to have a little fun. Car then juddered like wheel spin, stalling or just a odd patch of road. Car then threw up anti skid service required, engine service required, then it had the cheek to say its due a service. Anyway it went into limp mode managed to pull over turned it off and on again, problem went away. Happened again but I didn't turn off dstc. Today it happened a third time. This time I noticed it turned off dstc by itself and went into limp mode, spent 10 minutes turning off and on again. Threw on a check engine light and it wss about to happen again when I pulled off but reduced throttle and it carried on okay, might only happen when hard acceleration? Got home ran a scan, and it threw up the code U0401. I'm hopeless with electrics and I really can't afford to break the bank.ive cleared the codes for tonight and I'll give it a try tomorrow to see what shows up but any input and advice would be fantastic, I love this car its great and cheap to run but not when it breaks. Sorry for rambling but help please.
Also attached the freeze frame from when it happened seems okay to me but yeah cheers.
AFAIK ‘U’ is a communications fault which would suggest that there is a communication error between modules.

I am not that well up in C30s however I would be looking at steering angle sensors, yaw sensor, abs sensors etc etc although I don’t know why this would go into limp mode?

I can see the code appears to show engine control module.

I think this is one of those instances whereby having Vida read out the issues may make it very clear.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code, help and advice, volvo 1.6d