Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti skid service required

Views : 61035

Replies : 132

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2011, 17:43   #1
Luigi

Default Anti skid service required

S40 D5 56 plate 42k and out of warranty
The dreaded anti skid service warning come on the other day, the car was due to go to the garage( HR Owen ) for regular service so asked them to look at it. They then informed me after running a diagnostic check that it was a faulty
ABS module but they were happy to inform me that Volvo UK will be picking up the tab for this as it is a known issue and my model is covered up till 2013...The bill for this would have been in excess £1200 for diagnostic,ABS bits and labour... So if any of you also have this warning come up on a model about the same age as mine get check out at a Volvo garage with luck you will be covered.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luigi For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 12:03   #2
busy builder

Is this really true ? nothing I've read states this ? as ours came on yesterday too, so off to get the bad news.
busy builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 15:28   #3
*Big Al*

Its true had mne replaced last year on an 06 that has not seen a Volvo dealer for 2 years previously !
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 17:11   #4
busy builder

Hi Big Al, we used to live in Cedar Grove till we moved up here nearly 7 years ago, how is Redcar these days ?

As for the V50, sounds too good to be true !! but good news if it is.
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 20:47   #5
Luigi

Lets hope its good news for you as it was for me...
244 GL Auto Siver SOLD..
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 21:25   #6
campbellc78

It's definitely true that Volvo will cover this.

Happened to me last year. I'd had my 2005 v50 for about 9 months and the anti-skid service message flagged up. It was still covered by the warranty from the second hand dealer. They were going to cover it and referred me to a Volvo dealership in Belfast to get the work done

The dealership then informed me that Volvo would be covering it, as it was a known issue on these models.

Good thing too - the warranty from the second hand dealership only covered up to £1000, and I was told it would be up to £2k of work if I was paying for it myself. The chip is about £1800 apparently!!

How complex can these chips be when you can buy a top of the range computer for that price???!
campbellc78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:41   #7
martinhilditch

yep, happened to me also on a 06 s40, all i had to pay was the diagnostic test
martinhilditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 20:37   #8
busy builder

Well, we took car into Arnold Clarks in Inverness. They checked it out, washed it cleaned it inside and out...and it was mucky !!

No problem bring it in Wednesday 3 hours it'll be fixed....FREE yippee !!

Now that's what I call service.
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 15:18   #9
camevad
EvilHomer

Exclamation Volvo know!

I had the Anti-Skid Service light come on 4 monthsago and diagnostic check was done as part of regular service. Fault code said ABS module needed replacing. Car was just out of warranty so had to fork out 1000 euro (ireland) to have it replaced at a main dealer.

Since then I've joind this forum and a lot of people reckoned Volvo should cover the cost. Got on to Volvo and questioned this and they put their hands up and have informed me (I have the email if anyone wants proof) that the main dealer will be reimbursing me for the full cost next week.

That's what these forums are all about folks so all I can say is a HUGE thank you.
camevad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camevad For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 18:23   #10
busy builder

Thumbs up

Good for you, I sometimes think all we get on here is moaning and whinging about how bad these cars are, not true.

But some good comes from sites like this, if I hadn't seen this original post I would have been seriously worried, but I asked the question at my local Volvo dealer and got it done for free too.

All down to this site.
The Following User Says Thank You to busy builder For This Useful Post: