Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Faulty Volvos

Views : 20580

Replies : 132

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:56   #21
pdr944

Default faulty volvo

the more i read on this thread the more i find it hard to believe the attitude of the dealer and volvo cars.if i had paid for a brand new car and had half the faults you have had i would be ready to strangle someone and would have lost my patience a long time ago.i fail to understand how volvo can condone the dealers attitude.the car should be replaced or a full refund given.this is without doubt a very unusual situation where a new car has so many faults.i would have thought volvo would have been looking at damage limitation to there reputation.

regards peter.
pdr944 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pdr944 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:13   #22
tingy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdr944 View Post
i would have thought volvo would have been looking at damage limitation to there reputation.

regards peter.
problem is do they care anymore i think they need a good firm kick up the arse like merc got a few years ago when they took all there dealers back inhouse
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 18:21   #23
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdr944 View Post
the more i read on this thread the more i find it hard to believe the attitude of the dealer and volvo cars.if i had paid for a brand new car and had half the faults you have had i would be ready to strangle someone and would have lost my patience a long time ago.i fail to understand how volvo can condone the dealers attitude.the car should be replaced or a full refund given.this is without doubt a very unusual situation where a new car has so many faults.i would have thought volvo would have been looking at damage limitation to there reputation.

regards peter.
I have spoken to both VCUK and GCR in Sweden and neither are interested in the problem and say that its between the dealer and myself to sort out. Matter is now in the hands of solicitors and I am having to go down the legal route to try and recover my money from them.

DOVES in CROYDON provided a brilliant service when supplying the car but are just no longer interested since there is now a list of problems. It took Colin Sattar, General Sales Manager nearly a week and two calls from VCUK for him to return my call.

I have been advised to park the car up to save putting any more miles on it which now means im virtualy housebound as most of you know I have a walking difficulty at the moment.

Totally disgusted with VCUK, GCR and Doves attitude toward it all and am NEVER putting money in Volvos pockets again.

P.S. Any donations to the legal fund gratefully received................. lolol

Last edited by 4wheeldriver; Mar 2nd, 2009 at 18:25. Reason: Chancing my luck
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 18:40   #24
sonic-1

well i realy dont know what to say to yer !!!!!! i cant beleve yer motor is so shoddy n that volvo dont seam to care !!!!! after hearing this i doubt i would buy new
sonic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sonic-1 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 19:17   #25
T5R+
V70 Fan

Woeful considering that you are a private individual.

Believe the dealer in question has been awarded NW franchises -
T5R+ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T5R+ For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 19:41   #26
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Well Doves is part of the Summit Group or Cambria automobiles or also Invicta so now you know all the sort of names to avoid. You want the full list of dealerships then have a look at the website below. Would you also believe they do Aston MArtins too.

www.motorparks.co.uk
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 20:30   #27
Laney760
VOC Member

If they won't put the vehicle right and won't lend you an automatic whilst they repair it then I suggest you fill in this form for BBC Watchdog, quite often telling a company that you're about to approach BBC Watchdog gets them jumping:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 21:30   #28
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneystrider View Post
If they won't put the vehicle right and won't lend you an automatic whilst they repair it then I suggest you fill in this form for BBC Watchdog, quite often telling a company that you're about to approach BBC Watchdog gets them jumping:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/
Done that already Laney. And Ive written to a couple of others too that do adverts for Volvo!!! Solicitor is the main bet now though. Theyve already had SEVEN goes at fixing it and new faults are popping up on a daily basis now along with old faults recurring!! Only problem that rears its head now is in 5 weeks im going to France to Eurodisney and needed the 6 seats but thats gone down the swanee as I cant drive the car now. Just need to hope I can get it rejected fairly quickly and get an X5 or Touareg or Discovery3 on the drive before that!!! Wel owt wi 7 seats really although the day I buy a bl**dy people carrier is the day they'll bury me!!! lolol
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 16:50   #29
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Angry

UPDATE

Having waited 3 days for information as to why I was sold a 7 month old car as new yet again Volvo are in "it's nothing really to do with us" To the reply that Volvo built the damned shed in the first place and therefore must shoulder some of the responsibilty for the condition of the vehicle I am again told that the contract of sale is with the dealer so it's up to me to get any faults rectified through the warranty or to redress from Doves through legal means.

Today I nearly got t-boned by a BUS as I went to pull out the top of the road, the car moved then decided it had gone far enough and stopped moving. With a bus bearing down on me my only course of action was nail the throttle to the floor and pray that it went. I did get out of the way of the bus but the driver wasn't happy with me. I AM DEFINATELY CONVINCED THIS CAR IS IN A DANGEROUS CONDITION NOW!! For a company that use safety as one of their selling points they should be nailed for false advertising. One of the members in the xc60/xc90 forum thread on this hesitation asked if there was anybody prepared to be a martyr and today it was nearly ME!! I dread to think if my 12 yr old son had been in the car how it would have stood up to a side impact from a "bendy bus".........
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 17:55   #30
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
UPDATE

Having waited 3 days for information as to why I was sold a 7 month old car as new yet again Volvo are in "it's nothing really to do with us" To the reply that Volvo built the damned shed in the first place and therefore must shoulder some of the responsibilty for the condition of the vehicle I am again told that the contract of sale is with the dealer so it's up to me to get any faults rectified through the warranty or to redress from Doves through legal means.

Today I nearly got t-boned by a BUS as I went to pull out the top of the road, the car moved then decided it had gone far enough and stopped moving. With a bus bearing down on me my only course of action was nail the throttle to the floor and pray that it went. I did get out of the way of the bus but the driver wasn't happy with me. I AM DEFINATELY CONVINCED THIS CAR IS IN A DANGEROUS CONDITION NOW!! For a company that use safety as one of their selling points they should be nailed for false advertising. One of the members in the xc60/xc90 forum thread on this hesitation asked if there was anybody prepared to be a martyr and today it was nearly ME!! I dread to think if my 12 yr old son had been in the car how it would have stood up to a side impact from a "bendy bus".........
give us your keys, i have found out from my biking days that bounce remakebly well.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote