Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2004 XC70 sat nav disk

Views : 233

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 13:35   #1
1981George

Default 2004 XC70 sat nav disk

Hello, I've recently bought a 2004 XC70 that came with built in satellite navigation but didn't come with any disks. I'd like to get it working again but I'm not sure exactly what I need.
I've seen some replacement disks advertised on ebay such as the one below but the seller warns not to buy if you're sat nav shows 'disc missing' which mine does.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-AST...IAAOSwfr1bsocg

I've pushed the eject button on the sat nav unit and nothing comes out so I assume that there really isn't a disc in there, not that there is a disc present that isn't being recognised by the sat nav unit.
The sat nav unit doesn't have a visible model number but says Volvo navigation system and in the bottom right corner DVD rom.

Assuming that there's nothing wrong with the sat nav except it's missing a disc what do I need to do to get it working?
Many thanks
George
1981George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 16:54   #2
marcb
Master Member

I wouldn't bother - these units tend to break when old (such as problems with laser) and the disks also are finicky. But for £20 you could try it. The one in our 2005 V70 works erratically usually only if I clean the disk and try it about 5 times.

If you need satnav - which I think is vastly overrated compared to just looking at a map - I would get a decent smartphone mount and use your phone.
marcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 19:15   #3
reggit
Premier Member

I’ve got one in my 2003 V70, biggest downside is that it doesn’t have postcode input, but works very well with traffic updates. 2015 is the latest map discs you can get.