Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fuel temperature sensor - v50 2.0d

Views : 2315

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2019, 15:33   #1
ak7

Default Fuel temperature sensor - v50 2.0d

Hi all,

Long time viewer first time user!

Car's mpg has been running 5mpg short and now only starts on the second try - did a scan and p0184 code came up..

Fuel temperature sensor.

I can't seem to locate it on the engine or find any photos or diagrams online.

Can anyone help?

thanks, have a good Sunday afternoon
A
ak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2019, 18:33   #2
pinballdave

The temperature sensor is in the fuel return pipe, and is not listed as a separate part by Volvo.

If you follow the pipe down it goes to a small plastic tube with three pipe connections to is. The temperature sensor is in the end of this tube.

This eBay listing has some good pictures that show the pipe and sensor. (I am not affiliated with the seller, just using it as an example).
pinballdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2019, 21:12   #3
ak7

Red face

ok thanks , that looks a lot more complicated that I expected!!!!
Old Oct 20th, 2019, 22:54   #4
pinballdave

If you want a second opinion before diving in and replacing it, I'm local and I have VIDA/DICE which may give a more detailed diagnosis and live readings from the sensor.

I haven't made enough posts to be able to private message you my contact details, but my email address is my forum username @gmail.com if you want to get in touch.
pinballdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2019, 20:13   #5
ak7

sounds good - Ill drop you a note

Cheers
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 15:33   #6
ak7

All,

So I replaced the sensor - still no change. I researched that maybe I should clean the throttle body..

This car has a single body so seemed straightforward - removed it, cleaned off the build up and replaced - now the car won't start, all lights on dash come on as usual but now I hear a sort of machine gun noise when I turn the key fully!!!

and up popped error code P0625 out of nowhere.

Local garage said it maybe a flat battery?

Any ideas welcome!
Cheers

Last edited by ak7; Nov 28th, 2019 at 16:24.
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 19:08   #7
brutusmotorsport

sounds more like starter motor that does.
brutusmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 12:22   #8
ak7

update:
The brilliant PinballDave helped me with his vida/dice – a must buy in the future. Got a jumpstart and the car ran perfectly the next day… out driving for at least 3 hours, stopping and starting etc The MPG is still poor and getting worse so the throttle body clean didn’t resolve that..

Unfortunately 3 days later, back to where I started, lights on, clicking noise but not enough juice to start - I was planning on getting the battery checked but it didn’t start so it has sat outside!

This morning tried a jump start from an rcz and then a starter pack (this maybe dead also) – nothing..all lights off and alarm/door wont set..

Think the vida readout said something about the alternator but the starter pack showed the battery had some juice in it…confused..
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 17:25   #9
ak7

fitted new 110 battery and it took an age to start, held the key on full and it eventually started - went for a drive, parked tried to re-start, nothing...it then started but the smell of electrical burning filled the air..

Drove home and parked up...I won't try to re-start until I can take it to the garage..

as said by brutusmotorsport - does this sound like a starter motor? Which is beyond my skills to replace..

Did throw up several new codes now too🤦🏻*♂️

p0625
p1935
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 18:59   #10
brutusmotorsport

Default starter

just replaced mine last Friday, old 1 out new 1 in in 40 mins. easy job. you can do it yourself.
brutusmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote