Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1977 245DL 2.1 manual, value please.

Views : 1140

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 11th, 2015, 20:31   #1
kev new

Cool 1977 245DL 2.1 manual, value please.

Hi all,

Picked this little beauty up earlier this year, was stood garaged since 2005 mot history shows 123827 miles (current MOT 124511 miles) she was a non runner, spent a few hours on her and got her up and running, booked her in for an MOT which she passed with no advisories

She has lived a pampered life having spent most nights in a garage as the body condition and bright work will hopefully show, I believe her to be 95% original and has had by the looks of it 2 very small repairs done to the lower corners on maybe 2 doors, she could be doing with some slight rust issues sorted out on front wings of which I have obtained 1 x gen Volvo and 1 x pattern wing and maybe rear wheel arches tidied up but she has been subject to regular waxoyl or similar treatments on a regular basis and she is solid as a rock underneath.

Very fetching Lucas DX 70's driving lamps, kenlowe fan and tow bar fitted

I was planning on doing a engine b230ft transplant but cant bring myself to do it and don't have the time with all the other mainly Ford projects on the back burner oh and my trusty old stead daily hack dog transit wagon 1998 v70r......but maybe one day when all the others are restored she may just get the attention she so rightly deserves and until then she will be stored inside out of the elements.

I am asking if anybody would be able to give me an indication as to the value of this nice old lady, she was born on 14/09/1977 in Aberdeen and was a 1 owner car up until 29/03/15, hardly any service history as the fanatical owner carried out just about all maintenance himself and whatever was gathered up over the years has been lost due to house moves and now that the elderly engineering owner has taken up residency in an old folks home the history has been lost for good, this really was the elderly mans pride and joy and in its latter years was a Sunday only drive.

See photo****et link below for more pics of this old Swedish beauty

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/ke...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks in advance
kev new is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kev new For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2015, 20:49   #2
hennabm

Hi

IIRC Gillanders owner/s - David - used to rally in the 70/80s. Can't recall what he used to rally though.
2010 116d
2011 X3 3.0d
hennabm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hennabm For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2015, 21:36   #3
kev new

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennabm View Post
Hi

IIRC Gillanders owner/s - David - used to rally in the 70/80s. Can't recall what he used to rally though.
Hi, Yes I think he did rally and last thing I heard about them rallying was maybe a Nissan Pulsar but that would have been 90's
kev new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 22:11   #4
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

He rallied a 242 Turbo, before a metro 6r4.

That car was forsale a month back with a reserve of 55k
Old May 13th, 2015, 00:17   #5
howarddj
Volvo conservationist

Default fair valuation

if i was selling it:

£900 -£1000 on the forums.

£1200+ on ebay.

just make sure it goes to a genuine home, it would be pretty bad to let something as tidy as this to the banger boys.
howarddj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howarddj For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2015, 00:19   #6
AndrewBrown

very nice indeed

Last edited by AndrewBrown; May 13th, 2015 at 00:36.
AndrewBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 00:24   #7
AndrewBrown

It got to be getting on for 2 grand in original condition now with so many either scrapped or modified to boy racer / chav standards of modification. Personally id keep the old girl standard as there are very few left and most people on here would tell you its worth next to nothing, not so, its a case of finding another one the same which is no mean feat now
. I have a 1975 245dl of which there are now only 2 registered in the Uk, so my advice would be keep it nice and original and it will be worth a fortune in a few years.

Really if you want to sell it, auction it at a classic car auction with a reserve of say 1200 as its in great condition Brightwells auctions are good for this they will even collect it for you and take it to auction.you will be surprised how much it will fetch at an auction like this. A car like this on ebay will only either end up on the death track or get bought for breaking up

Last edited by AndrewBrown; May 13th, 2015 at 00:41.
AndrewBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 01:42   #8
howarddj
Volvo conservationist

2 grand for an immaculate one i would say, with a sub 100k mileage.
but this one has had some minor work done to it, no one knows how good that work was, and it also needs some work on the front wings.

it is very rare, don't get me wrong.
if i had the money i would be begging to buy it! but cars this old always have hidden secrets.

i actually don't really like any auctions anymore to be honest. just paying some guy a percentage of your money for nothing.
just decide on a price, whack it up in the sales section on here and someone will buy it.

there have been several people on the forums in recent months looking for these.
howarddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 11:40   #9
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

I think it's value as real fudnamental value is quite a lot.

I think its price in money should reflect its value.

All depending on inspection &c. of course. And need for some bodywork attention is not such an issue providing there is not nasty "repair" work to overcome?
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 12:10   #10
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

Well saved that man Hope you can keep it..... if not be fussy and sell on here to a gen enthusiast. To good a motor to risk being broken or worse
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/
Paul240480 is offline   Reply With Quote