Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

3 Years Free Servicing - Paperwork

Views : 3046

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2009, 15:46   #11
Nice But Dim

I had to chase Volvo Customers Services for my 3yr free servicing (I have had the car for 3 months and heard nothing about this or the QAI checkup)- which is just as well as they, and my dealer, had no record of my contact details on their system !! Bizarre but true

If in doubt chase them

Previously
XC60 MY2010 2.4D Drive SE, Saville Grey, leather, sunroof, front & rear sensors, family pack
Nice But Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 16:01   #12
JackRussel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Whilst on the subject of paperwork have any of you that have had your car delivered (still waiting ....) had confirmation of Sat Nav Updates included within the delivery pack?

I notice that one the website it says that you get 2 free updates, (see page 3 of attached pdf), yet when questioning my dealer he says that he knows nothing of this and has not been able to get any confirmation

Iain
There was a card in the DVD box to complete and send off to register to receive annual updates. If you didn't get one, ask your dealer.
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 18:10   #13
ak888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice But Dim View Post
I had to chase Volvo Customers Services for my 3yr free servicing (I have had the car for 3 months and heard nothing about this or the QAI checkup)- which is just as well as they, and my dealer, had no record of my contact details on their system !! Bizarre but true

If in doubt chase them
Whats a QAI checkup?
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 18:17   #14
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Whilst on the subject of paperwork have any of you that have had your car delivered (still waiting ....) had confirmation of Sat Nav Updates included within the delivery pack?

I notice that one the website it says that you get 2 free updates, (see page 3 of attached pdf), yet when questioning my dealer he says that he knows nothing of this and has not been able to get any confirmation

Iain
I had those papers as well re the free 2 updates for the Sat Nav. Sent them off, not heard anything since.

As for the service, I'll bring my car back to the dealer where I got the car and if presented with an invoice and I will just refer back to the agreement and the sales person. Easy.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 13:14   #15
Nice But Dim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak888 View Post
Whats a QAI checkup?
Its apparently a complementary vehicle checkup done by your local dealer 3 months into ownership of your new pride and joy

Previously
XC60 MY2010 2.4D Drive SE, Saville Grey, leather, sunroof, front & rear sensors, family pack
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 13:31   #16
ak888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice But Dim View Post
Its apparently a complementary vehicle checkup done by your local dealer 3 months into ownership of your new pride and joy
Not been told about that - did the salesman tell you (Dale?) or was it part of manuals pack (the leather wallet with manuals etc?)
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 13:55   #17
bramptonmel

Well my lovely new Oyster Grey XC90 arrived yesterday - LOVE the colour.
Re the servicing - my dealer says that he has inputted the fact that I have 3 years servicing on the central volvo computer and so I won't be charged automatically. Other than that, it is clear on my purchase invoice that I've paid £300 for the servicing so that should clear up any questions if any arise. However I think XC60 owners get it free - is that right? - in which case it won't be on your invoice so I suspect you'll need an additional piece of paper to evidence it.

Can't answer on satnav as after having the volvo in-built system on my last xc90 and spent three years shouting at it and cursing it, I have gone for the volvo-fitted portable garmin satnav. I can't tell you HOW much more fantastic it is. Touch screen, you can put in the whole postcode (instead of only the first 4 digits - completely useless - on the old version), shows speed cameras, also operates as a bluetooth transmitter for your telephone so when your mobile rings you answer by touching the screen and talk through the speaker system - honestly it is great. And you update it by plugging it into your computer and logging on to garmin.com.

Am a happy bunny.
bramptonmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 18:41   #18
Nice But Dim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak888 View Post
Not been told about that - did the salesman tell you (Dale?) or was it part of manuals pack (the leather wallet with manuals etc?)
Hi Alex

Dale told me about it when I picked the car up - no paperwork about it - I have to say since picking it up getting them to sort stuff out like the paperwork and a minor paint blemish has been trying to herd cats....

Would give him a bell.

Previously
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 20:20   #19
ak888

Thanks - just checked the service book. There is a pre-delivery service there and the FREE (!) 3 month Quality Inspection service. Anyone know what this is about?
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 20:25   #20
AyrshireXC90

Not quite sure what it is meant to involve. My car had this check, but no details of what was done was supplied. It did not include topping up the screen wash though!.. Maybe it is just a quick visual check to ensure no serious problems have arisen.
AyrshireXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote