Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VT & Rica

Views : 11162

Replies : 90

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 15th, 2007, 03:51   #31
Nuisance
VOC Member

From my own personal experiences I can say that the initial contact I had with VT appeared to be very good. As a new customer I gave them credit for knowing their job, and took on board all I was told. It appeared that the car needed more work doing than just the re-map it went in for. Many minor issues were pointed out, and I hapily allowed them to be sorted. All my expired components were handed back to me in a plastic bag, the map was loaded and the issues (unverifiable) were resolved. A £550 job ended up being a £1,200 job but I was happy that the additional issues were fixed.

The hybrid job was somewhat less smooth. As before, many unforseen additions occured, but this time a simple bolt on upgrade took 4 weeks, and the result was somewhat less than optimum. This time I didn't get my bits back, and this time they weren't worthless junk, like the ones I was returnd with the first visit.

The worse experience came when It was discovered that things were not running quite right, on 3 occasions I returned to allow them to resolve the issues, and each time they threw it on the dyno, looked at a plot and said "no it's fine" but the issues continued. Finally they refused to look at the car any further, and Hamish pronounced my engine as scrap.

A visit to a propper tuner resolved ALL the issues with only a few hours work, and my "scrap" engine is now running beautifully.

What am I saying......

Any muppet can load a map and make it look professional. Hell..... many tuners supply them by post! Just as any baffoon can look for smoke coming out of places it shouldn't.

What truly makes a "pro" outfit is the way they deal with problems, and the way they support their customers.

Peoples experinces, whilst all valid and honest, have to be taken in context, not isolation.
Most businesses have one job that ended in tears, and somebody who just doesn't like them, but it has become obvious that some tuners have the place littered with disasterous results and unhappy customers.

It looks to me like these guys have only themselves to blame. Sometimes a business has do the honourable thing and take a hit, and sort a job that has gone wrong, but cannot be proven. My clients do it all the time for their custmers, this is what makes them stand out from their competiton. In the long term it's benifitial to the business.

Some people however are either too greedy or too stupid to understand what "good will" is. Those people deserve everything that falls on them from a great height.

To sum it up, one word will suffice.

Karma.

Definition;

Quote:
Concept;
The explanation of karma can differ per tradition. Usually it is believed to be a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The results or "fruits" of actions are called karma-phala. Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward; karma simply deals with what is. The effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to others. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well. It is cumulative.

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.

Last edited by Nuisance; Oct 15th, 2007 at 04:03.
Nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 09:00   #32
tj101c70

The offical message
Quote:
Wateringen,12 October 2007

Dear ,

I am writing to inform you that Chip Tuning Ltd to Bromsgrove will no longer be the distributor for the UK and Ireland.

We have not yet established foreign distribution for our products, and therefore

they can only be presently purchased from our main office in the Netherlands .

If you are interested in placing an order for any of our merchandise,

please direct your correspondence to:
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
tj101c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 09:24   #33
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

am i right in thinking this has then affected the selling of Rica by other retail outlets (RT mechanics etc)
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 09:29   #34
tj101c70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango View Post
am i right in thinking this has then affected the selling of Rica by other retail outlets (RT mechanics etc)
Yep,,looks like all ordering done direct , for the time being
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 15:26   #35
Lance BLACK V70 T5

Has anyone actually checked this out for certain because if you go on RICA s own site you can see there still there!
Lance BLACK V70 T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 15:35   #36
tj101c70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance BLACK V70 T5 View Post
Has anyone actually checked this out for certain because if you go on RICA s own site you can see there still there!
Ye of little faith, Just because a website says's something, do you always think its correct, ?? Best you check it for yourself

The mail below is 100% genuine from Rica
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 16:24   #37
Nuisance
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance BLACK V70 T5 View Post
Judging from who TJ101C70 is... one can reasonably be sure that the information he has forwarded here is authentic and true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Tim, does that affect your ability to Rica cars in the future or reapply the map that you've already done?

Andy
Tim is a RICA installer. Who has passed on to the Volvo community an item of interest and relavence, that will enable users to make correct and informed decisions.

Company websites like RICAs are usually run through seperate departments or companies, and are notoriously slow to be updated.

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

People are a problem.

Last edited by Nuisance; Oct 15th, 2007 at 16:27.
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 16:46   #38
tj101c70

Hi Nuisance,,
You have me at a disadvantage !! you obviously have done well with your homework,
and know me,

Sorry, shame i do not know you !!
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 16:57   #39
Nuisance
VOC Member

Absolutely....

Heh Heh Heh.

Logic my dear Tim.. Logic!

It stands to reason that anybody posting such breaking news would only do so if they had absolute proof.

Andy's post gave it away, and with my suspicious mind, a simple browse of RICA's site, brought up your name, business address, phone number and website. You do indeed speak with good authority, and I have no doubt that your information is correct, and your intentions honourable.

To summarize:

People are a problem.
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 17:31   #40
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac View Post
Yes, *was*.

My T5 engine 'let go' with exactly the same reason given, and it was standard. Not sure how it can be proved it was the map. These things happen. Didn't go after the garage who serviced it 1000 miles previously!

Bit silly really not to have breakdown cover!!!
didnt you car blow a piston ring though?
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote