Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

92' Volvo 240 GL 2.3i manual. £1000s spent. Many extras.

Views : 1000

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2020, 16:34   #1
66Lover

Default 92' Volvo 240 GL 2.3i manual. £1000s spent. Many extras.

Here we have for sale my 1992 Volvo 240 GL with sought after 2.3i (B230F) and 5 speed manual transmission.

During my ownership I’ve spent a lot of money getting it to the condition and specification it is now and features a long list of new and reconditioned parts and period upgrades making this a desirable car.

The car has been my daily driver for the last 2 years and has never missed a beat providing reliable, safe and fun daily transport back and too to work and on various holidays. I have put a lot of effort into making this one of the top 240s out there, spending a lot of time on the bodywork, mechanicals and interior of the car to make it the 240 I desired. The car has spent lots of time at local classic and retro shows and always gets lots of attention.

Some of the main features of the car includes: fully refurbished Bilstein and mildly lowered suspension, 16” Hydra Volvo alloy wheels, fully overhauled brakes, fully serviced EFI system, high spec GLT interior with optional extras, full new exhaust system, and a myriad of other parts fitted.

The car has an interesting history being a, ‘Tourist and Diplomat’ car with matching ‘Tourist and Diplomat’ keyring and paperwork folder. It was fist registered to a British company in Cyprus making filing systems before coming to the UK in it’s first couple of years. For this reason the car is registered as a 1992 car but was probably manufactured in 1990 or 1991.

The car has just past it’s MOT with flying colours.

Here is a run down of much of the work carried out and parts fitted to the car during my 2 year ownership:

Bilstein B4 (Supertouring) shock absorbers fitted on all 4 corners.
Lesjofor (original Volvo spring manufacturer) -40mm springs (-20mm below GLT spec)
Volvo ‘Hydra’ 16” Alloy wheels- period optional extra. Fully reconditioned.
4 new tyres last winter.
2 new and 2 rebuilt brake callipers. All new disks and pads all round.
New front brake backing plates
2 new Volvo OEM engine mounts
Wheel bearing on all 4 hubs
New full exhaust system
New Cam belt / tensioners / Water pump fitted in the last 3 months.
3x front engine seals /crank/cam/intermediate
Alternator regulator
Recently fitted good seconds hand working PAS pump and wiper motor
Service items: Oil filter / Distributor cap / rotor arm / Spark plug leads / spark plugs/ oil / thermostat
New Injector O-rings / seals fitted
EFI related parts fitted: Fuel pump relay / Idle air control valve / Crank shaft position sensor / ECU Temperature sensor /Knock sensor
New front indicator lenses

Fitted Volvo period accessory CD changer and CD Changer controller ‘CD-401’ with correct 240 lower mounting facia.
Restored wiper arms and headlight wiper arms.
Full leather interior from a GLT spec car.
Adjustable power mirrors from a GLT spec car.
Fitted optional extra Volt meter.
New Pedal rubbers fitted
Under bonnet sound deadening from a late SE spec car.
Fitted Turbo spec ‘Egg Crate’ grill

As you can see from this list the car has had £1000s spent on it in the last 2 years in new parts and labour making it pretty much mechanically faultless.

Now for faults with the car:
-New power radio antenna seems to have stopped working, started blowing its fuse recently. Radio still works, just no signal. Optional Volvo CD changer fully working.
-Rear trailing arm bushes could do with replacing, has developed a knock from rear end which mechanic tells me is likely to be this.
-Age related scratches and chips. A couple of these (from before my ownership) have developed surface rust, but only seems cosmetic and not rusted through. I have photographed the worst.
-Self-cancelling indicators have stopped self-cancelling. Indicators still work as normal.
-Actual mileage on car is around 105,745, however gauge cluster stopped working and I could not repair it so fitted late gauge cluster from another car to get through previous MOT, this now reads ‘new’ mileage of 149,700. The original cluster with correct mileage is included.

The car comes with a selection of spares including various ECU sensors, unbroken fan shroud (never got around to fitting) fuses, coil, wiper motors and various other parts.

I also have an original period accessory Volvo rear spoiler for the late 240 saloon with it’s domed boot lid and a set of late working heated electric door mirrors that can both be negotiated as part of the sale separately.

To recap, this is a much-loved car that I’ve put a lot of time, money and sweat into to make it as good as I could. It is a reliable daily driver with a whole host of new parts fitted making the mechanicals of the car pretty much sorted and has good bodywork which while not perfect, would not need a lot of work to get to a show winning standard. It’s fitted with numerous desirable optional extras that make this car stand out from the crowd.

Full album of photographs should be located here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zbUhAtm5gvmoLyfDA

Located in Cheshire, please message me or contact on 07581416848.
£ 4,500

66Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 14:27   #2
66Lover

Still for sale. £4500 ono.
Old Aug 15th, 2020, 07:40   #3
66Lover

Now up for auction

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124298589...84.m1555.l2649
Old Aug 29th, 2020, 01:35   #4