Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Cars App - Widgets and Preconditioning

Views : 409

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2024, 10:11   #1
SteEnt

Default Volvo Cars App - Widgets and Preconditioning

I have an XC60 on order. I owned one last year and one of my favourite things about it was the ability to precondition it via the app on cold mornings or hot afternoons before leaving work.
One thing the app lacked was a widget. Which would have been useful considering how much use it got.
I currently have a BMW 320d, which while not having a precondition feature, it does have a useful widget for my Home Screen.
I have looked online and it seems that a widget was available at one point but was removed because of some issues and was supposed to be reintroduced when this was sorted, but nothing so far?

It’s not a dealbreaker of course, but it would be nice to have.
I’ll save space by removing the BMW widget and saving the Volvo app to my Home Screen.

Also as my new XC60 is a plugin hybrid, does preconditioning happen quicker, and without starting the engine?
And is that only if plugged in? Will it use the engine if not plugged in?
Still debating if I should have a home charger installed.
SteEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 12:05   #2
KungFooBob

I can see widgets, I'd give it a try but the car hasn't got enough fuel in for preconditioning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20240219-120225.jpg (45.4 KB, 45 views)
KungFooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 12:15   #3
SteEnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
I can see widgets, I'd give it a try but the car hasn't got enough fuel in for preconditioning.
I should’ve specified I’m using iOS.
SteEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 14:17   #4
nu11eaf
Premier Member

I still have the widgets but they no longer work (android)
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 17:27   #5
Simon703

Still debating if I should have a home charger installed.[/QUOTE]

Whilst I can’t help with the widget question I would recommend a charger. Not only will you future proof as we’ll all be electric some time, they make sense if you combine with the Octopus Intelligent Go tariff. Have a look. I charge for 7.5p per kWh, costs about £1.15. Just had my first bill and it is apparent that precondition costs, even if 9:00am, are charged at 7.5p if it is set as part of the charging sequence.
Of course the question of £1000 for the supply and fit is one that means, when added to the additional cost of the hybrid, doesn’t usually make overall economic sense. But then we don’t always buy cars because they make financial sense . If we did we’d all be running around in a Dacia🤣
Simon703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 21:32   #6
sandys
XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark

I did not know there were widgets, just tried it and they work fine well at least for starting climate on Android, widget could do with some sort of indication it has actvated beyond me opening the app to check, once I do that, what is the point of the widget

Yup tethered charger here, works great, convenient and good speed.

Last edited by sandys; Feb 19th, 2024 at 21:54.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote