Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Online access to VIDA parts catalogue?

Views : 12173

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 16th, 2016, 09:19   #1
ChasesDragons

Default Online access to VIDA parts catalogue?

Hi all,
I am rebuilding a 2015 xc60 wd.

I have a 2013 R Design front bumper here and need to buy the right accessories like the DRLs, DRL panels, shock pads etc.The bumper fits btw.

I have done rebuilds with Mercs but volvo is beginning to test me. One dealer told me that they cannot give me part details, at least two have not got back to me in two months with prices for some of the parts.

I think I will have to do all myself here by accessing a good european parts microfiche. Can anyone.help? I am willing to pay for access to this library with Volvo itself, but will NOT be dealing with them for parts ever again
ChasesDragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 09:35   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasesDragons View Post
Hi all,
I am rebuilding a 2015 xc60 wd.

I have a 2013 R Design front bumper here and need to buy the right accessories like the DRLs, DRL panels, shock pads etc.The bumper fits btw.

I have done rebuilds with Mercs but volvo is beginning to test me. One dealer told me that they cannot give me part details, at least two have not got back to me in two months with prices for some of the parts.

I think I will have to do all myself here by accessing a good european parts microfiche. Can anyone.help? I am willing to pay for access to this library with Volvo itself, but will NOT be dealing with them for parts ever again
you can "hire" the on line parts catalogue for a reasonable daily price through the Volvo technical Information shop web site , you have to be a registered motor trader though .

https://tis.volvocars.biz/tis/main.do
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 13:06   #3
ChasesDragons

Thank you, I am not a motor trader, so that's definitely out.

Are there good online microcats/fiches that I can access?

Regards
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 15:03   #4
zork

Try this:
www.partslink24.com

However if there are a few parts,I could help with part numbers id..no charge
zork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zork For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 15:16   #5
colinbos
2008 XC90 D5 SE

Try www.Skandix.de too
colinbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 15:52   #6
Kev78

What reason have they give for not giving you part details.

Sounds totally unreasonable but I'm not surprised.
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 17:59   #7
ericy

Quote:
Thank you, I am not a motor trader, so that's definitely out.

Are there good online microcats/fiches that I can access?

Regards
You can always go to fleaBay and purchase the VIDA disks yourself - they are quite cheap. These are of course pirated copies, but it gives you full access to everything the service shops have. The downside is that I believe the most recent one that is out there was from 2014. Then again, for MY15, the car may have been manufactured in 2014.
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 21:10   #8
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Why not go into a friendly main dealer parts dept. and explain what parts you want? I have sourced and fitted newer parts to older Volvos that way. Visiting in person may give a better result.

Roy
Old Dec 20th, 2016, 20:52   #9
ChasesDragons

Hi all again,
Thank you for the links and advice. I will go through all of them.

RE some of the questions. The mail order dealer basically refused to divulge any part details for the part numbers I gave them. He stated that Volvo does not allow them to do so. I left a few part numbers after being told i would get a call back. No result, called back to be fed above.

My local friendly got tbe above parts list and some extras- still no reply. 3 months now.

I tell you what guys, I do NOT get this poop with my Mercedes shenanigans - especially as there are so many non main dealers. You must love your Vs!

I cannot WAIT to get shut of this project, turn my back on Volvo mainline and return to my P1800e and Mercs.
Old Dec 22nd, 2016, 00:14   #10
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Hi all again,
Thank you for the links and advice. I will go through all of them.

RE some of the questions. The mail order dealer basically refused to divulge any part details for the part numbers I gave them. He stated that Volvo does not allow them to do so. I left a few part numbers after being told i would get a call back. No result, called back to be fed above.

My local friendly got tbe above parts list and some extras- still no reply. 3 months now.

I tell you what guys, I do NOT get this poop with my Mercedes shenanigans - especially as there are so many non main dealers. You must love your Vs!

I cannot WAIT to get shut of this project, turn my back on Volvo mainline and return to my P1800e and Mercs.
Have you tried speaking to Rufe (Simon) at FRF? http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...80&postcount=1

Roy