Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Goodbye Volvo C70 Solstice

Views : 234

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2024, 14:28   #1
Proghound
Volvo and Audi owner

Default Goodbye Volvo C70 Solstice

Firstly, apologies that I haven't been on here much in the last few years. My C70 D3 Solstice had been behaving itself perfectly well, and since 2018 I've also become majorly involved in the world of Audi A2's, which I've been running at least two of alongside the C70 for most of that time, plus a campervan in more recent years.

I'm very sad to report that on Sunday, while the C70 was parked on my partner's driveway, a DPD van making a delivery further up the road rolled away down the slope and wiped it out. We had been about to load up and take her daughter back to Uni: if any of us had been outside at the time, I shudder to think of the consequences.

The C70 is a total loss: apart from the huge mess where the driver's door was, the van pushed it sideways into my partner's car so every panel on the other side is damaged too. Even if it could be repaired from an economic point of view, being a convertible I'm not sure I'd want to take the risk.

Being honest with myself, although I don't like the decision having been made for me in quite that way, really I had too many cars and something was going to have had to go. So the upshot is, I won't be replacing the C70.

As a result, as well as a number of C70-specific or P1 platform-relevant items, I have a couple of more general Volvo-related items that I need to move on. I'd like to offer them on this site first before going to the Facebook C70 groups and other online marketplaces.

Most of the items below are advertised in the Sales section for the C30/S40/V50/C70 subforum, except the VIDA/DiCE kit, 6L of new engine oil and the tyre inflator kit, which are advertised in the Generic Parts for sale section of the site.

- A VIDA/DiCE setup running on a Linx 1010 Windows tablet

- A C70 Volvo genuine wind deflector with its storage bag

- A set of OEM C70 black carpet mats removed from it at just 25k miles

- A C70 Tempa spare wheel and jacking kit

- A set of C70 Syrma 17" alloys with tyres from my previous 2008 C70

- A 16" steel wheel and tyre suitable as a full size spare for any P1 Volvo (FOC £0)

- A pair of boxed unused Meyle HD front droplinks suitable for any P1 Volvo

- 6 litres of new unused Castrol Titanium Edge A5/B5 0W30 oil, suitable for a D3/D4/D5.

- Three rubber cushions for the engine cover mountings for a D5/D4/D3 (don't know if they're the same as the ones for the 2.0D or petrol engines)

- Tyre inflator/repair kit from my C70, suit any Volvo really, but also the C70 boot floorwell cover for it.

- There may be some more small items which I intend to recover from my C70 before salvage is instructed - it's currently being stored secure by me rather than by my insurers!

If you're interested in any of the above, please respond on the appropriate sales thread(s) or by PM in the first instance.

Current: 2012 C70 D3 SE Lux Solstice Geartronic, Caspian Blue.
Also: 2002 Audi A2 TDI SE, Crystal Blue
Previous: 2008 C70 D5 SE manual, Flint Grey.
Proghound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Proghound For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2024, 19:38   #2
MikeC673

Default Seat belt controller

Do you have a seat belt controller which would do my C70 (2002)?
I am hoping that it s the same one for every model !
MikeC673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 11:26   #3
Proghound
Volvo and Audi owner

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I have no idea! In any case, I would also have no idea how to remove it if it was compatible. Good luck with your search though.

Current: 2012 C70 D3 SE Lux Solstice Geartronic, Caspian Blue.
Also: 2002 Audi A2 TDI SE, Crystal Blue
Previous: 2008 C70 D5 SE manual, Flint Grey.
Proghound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Proghound For This Useful Post: