Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar for 2024 XC60 B5 Petrol G/T

Views : 803

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2024, 19:41   #11
vonRypp

I have the Polestar optimalisation for my MY23 B5 petrol. To be honest, it’s not worth it. I only use it on the highway because the transmission is so ridiculously unresponsive in comfort mode that taking over a lorry required signficant precalculations…

Otherwise I cannot justify the price. In my opinion it’s another rip off but wanted the full row of badges so I took it anyway.

Don’t expect much from it and you’ll be allright.
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 09:02   #12
ttard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRypp View Post
I have the Polestar optimalisation for my MY23 B5 petrol. To be honest, it’s not worth it. I only use it on the highway because the transmission is so ridiculously unresponsive in comfort mode that taking over a lorry required signficant precalculations…

Otherwise I cannot justify the price. In my opinion it’s another rip off but wanted the full row of badges so I took it anyway.

Please would you be kind enough to confirm whether your car is Google/Android or Sensus OS? I have a Google car (not Sensus) which I think yours is too, and can't find a definitive answer as to whether the Polestar helps with the standard/default mode (on my V90 there are no driving modes to choose from). Much appreciated!
ttard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 16:00   #13
Hadajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRypp View Post

Strange I find the car to be very responsive? When overtaking a lorry I assume you do use kick down?
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 16:04   #14
Hadajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttard View Post
Please would you be kind enough to confirm whether your car is Google/Android or Sensus OS? I have a Google car (not Sensus) which I think yours is too, and can't find a definitive answer as to whether the Polestar helps with the standard/default mode (on my V90 there are no driving modes to choose from). Much appreciated!
Since it is MY23 it is definitely AAOS not that that has any bearing on the removal of driving modes. That was a Volvo decision.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 09:57   #15
spitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadajag View Post
Since it is MY23 it is definitely AAOS not that that has any bearing on the removal of driving modes. That was a Volvo decision.
Hi, just to clarify, did the P* update provide any new driving mode options in the AAOS menus, or does it just provide an enhanced driving experience using the existing settings?

Thanks
spitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 10:24   #16
vonRypp

Quote:
I have Google AAOS car. I can't confirm that unfortunately. Few days ago I was in comfort mode preparing to step into a roundabout from a slow rolling and nothing happened for 1+ second... I was told here on the forum that comfort mode is also altered, but to be honest, I don't see any difference, but maybe it was even worse before.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 10:29   #17
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadajag View Post
Strange I find the car to be very responsive? When overtaking a lorry I assume you do use kick down?
In comfort mode? I still notice lags, but it's situational. I usually notice the lags when I catch the lorry from a higher speed then I slow down behind it (when I can't immediately - few seconds pass - overtake because the parallel traffic for instance) and then trying to overtake it. I don't have lag when I've been behind the lorry for some time already and not coming from a higher speed.

In Polestar mode I don't have such issues.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 14:45   #18
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Interesting thread. I’ve just bought a (new to me) ‘2024’ (registered July 2023) V90 B5 Petrol. There are no driving modes to choose from (Android OS). I’m seeking clarification as to whether the Polestar Software Optimisation will help with the driveability (cure gearchange laziness especially) in the standard/default mode as well. I’m concerned that mostly I won’t be choosing Polestar mode – from looking at the information sheet, max torque comes in at 3,900 as opposed to 1,800 rpm and the mode forces the car into lower gears (akin to Sport mode in other cars) allowing the increased mid range performance. In other words, I don’t want to lose refinement during day-to-day driving (where the car is mostly between 1,500 and 2,250 rpm). Does anyone have any direct experience please? The dealer tells me it does help in the standard mode (apparently 80% of 'Polestar' being available), and is ‘night and day’ in Polestar mode itself. Interested to hear your comments. Many thanks. PS This is my first post (thank you for allowing me to join!).
Quote:
When you have the Polestar upgrade, whatever power/torque increase you get, it is there in all the applicable drive modes. (It’s not as if it reverts back to the original power/torque unless you select the Polestar mode). Depending on which mode you select determines how it utilises that extra increase, usually by different throttle response and transmission shift points.

With regard to the B5P V90 I don’t have any experience with what drive modes are available. It is my understanding however that whatever modes you do have, when the software is added a Polestar Mode will show in the centre screen.