Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Faded Bumpers

Views : 2794

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2002, 18:47   #11
jaytee
Jim

Default RE: Faded Bumpers

Hi Paul and others!
Well I went round today and got all the details off the can. They are as follows....
Valeting Gel - Bumper and Trim Cat. No DWC314 (5 litres)!!
DX Products
Greenbridge Road
SWINDON
Wilts SN3 3LB
Tel. 01793 513315
Fax. 01793 641942
THE BAD NEWS IS
There is no web site and in spite of trying both the phone and fax numbers I cant get any response, or even a ring tone.!! It seems that the company has been abducted by aliens. Maybe some one in the Swindon area could pop round and check them out???

THE GOOD NEWS IS
While searching for info on the above, I discovered a company called Travik, brand name, SYSTEM 8 http://www.travik.co.uk/bumperreviver.htm will get you there, there are a whole range of other interesting products and they appear to be available in 'domestic' quantities. Also appears to be sort of Volvo approval link.

If anyone tries it out perhaps they could post the results here.

Jim
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2002, 13:08   #12
Mike Smith
Master Member

Hi Jim
can't seem to get the link to work, also tried travik.co.uk with out success :-(

Regards
Mike Smith
----------
96 850 GLT

For Every Problem - There is a Solution, Hopefully!
Gallery
Mike Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2002, 13:59   #13
jaytee
Jim

Mike

I just tried and couldn't connect either. It is correct, so I assume that their server is down or something, suggest you try in a few more hours in the hope that they're up and running again.
Since I posted the info, I was in Halfords looking at bikes for my kids and I noticed the same sort of thing (plastic/vinyl renovating gel) Im sure it was made by T-Cut and was about a fiver a bottle, could be worth a try!?

Good hunting

Jim
Old May 15th, 2002, 21:48   #14
volvo850t5

Gents,

I think that Travis' website must have crashed with the amount of hits volvo owners have generated!!

I was also in Halfords recently. They had T-cut colour fast bumper restorer but it came with bumper cleaner and cost £12. So instead I bought their own brand for £3 odd which is useless.
Pay for what you get eh!
Old May 16th, 2002, 09:35   #15
jaytee
Jim

UPDATE

Found a phone number for Travik, and yes their system crashed on Wed.15/05. Should be back on soon I am told. They will supply direct from the factory. You can phone them on 01325 307000 FAX 01325-307070 if you cant wait for the website to rejuvenate!

I HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH TRAVIK---Just passing on the info..

Jim

11:30 16/05 WEBSITE IS NOW BACK ON LINE.....

Jim
Old May 16th, 2002, 20:20   #16
Mike Smith
Master Member

Thanks for that Jim, I'll have a surf around
Regards
Mike Smith
----------
96 850 GLT

Gallery
Old May 23rd, 2002, 00:39   #17
jaytee
Jim

Update for all bumper cleaners>>>

Just to let interested parties know that the TRAVIK/Sytem 8 is on the VOC suppliers list and offering a dicount to club members.

I got some and found it very good. Tried their tyre shine too, a great improvement.

Jim
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 12:57   #18
Mav_UK

Hey People,

I use a leather treatment - some kind of beeswax - I'll get the name this evening and put it on.

Get a very small amount onto a cloth, rub onto the plastic. Wipe off the excess and it looks good as new, and has done for about a month now (after driving all the way from Amsterdam to Leicester in hot sun, and after several downpours here in Holland!).

If you get a real, clear beeswax, and not some shoe polish stuff, then it will not be greasy, come off on your clothes, and if it gets on the paint you just rub it off, no mess, no problem. Also of course you can use it for the leather inside too!

Chat later

Stu
Old Jun 11th, 2002, 21:25   #19
Mike Smith
Master Member

Hi Stu
thanks for that got some lying around in the garage, might try it this weekend

Regards
Mike Smith
----------
96 850 GLT

Gallery
Old Jun 12th, 2002, 16:58   #20
Mav_UK

Hi Mike,

The stuff that I used in the UK was Renapuur (but you can only get it direct from the supplier, or if they are doing demonstrations). The stuff I use over here in Holland is 'Rapide Leder Creme', but like I said any clear Beeswax should do the trick!

Good Luck

Stu