Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 Radio Blanking Plate needed

Views : 625

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:40   #1
cowboy10uk

Default V40 Radio Blanking Plate needed

Hi Guys, 1st post so please bear with me . I have just got a new single din Cd Radio for my V40 51 plate. However as this is a single din unit and the factory fitted radio is a Double din I need to track down a blanking plate for below the new radio. I have done a search on the internet and visited my local halfords, but all I can seem to find is a single din tray to fill the hole, I really want a complete blanking plate as I wish to screw in a holder for my ipod, and mobile phone but I dont want to screw into the real dash of my car, Hence a blanking plate that i can screw into then remove and refit the standard radio when i come to get my new volvo would be the best option. Does anyone know where I may get such a plate from, and if so anychance of a contact address please.

Cowboy10uk
cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 12:42   #2
pringle_addict

One of these?

http://car-vision.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=216
pringle_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 13:01   #3
morphinemitt
My nipper said!

Have a look here mate http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ght=double+din
Oh...and as mentioned, get a genuine Volvo one, cos after spending a fortune on several bits of aftermarket crap, you'll wish you had anyway.
As for fitting, try the search facility at the top of the page, there's loads of info to be had.
Good luck.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 23:25   #4
cowboy10uk

Cheers guys, The Single din from car vision looks perfect just what im after. Fingers crossed Volvo do one the same as again they only seem to do pockets. Thanks guys again

Cowboy10uk
cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 15:33   #5
pringle_addict

Glad to help
pringle_addict is offline   Reply With Quote