Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 '10> / V60 '11> / XC60 '08>'17 General
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

S60 '10> / V60 '11> / XC60 '08>'17 General Forum for the Volvo x60 Series of cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 240563

Replies : 1831

Users Viewing This Thread : Chrisv60, liversausage

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 20:44   #1801
Clan
Experienced Member
 
Clan's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 12:29
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L/H side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
In the last 2 weeks I bought a 2015(64) V60 D4 (181) but have no repair or recall history (just the service history). From reading this thread it looks to me like my car has had the relevant EGR cooler revisions, but I'd be grateful if someone knowledgeable could confirm please.

The large top radiator hose running left/right is continuous with no T-piece and there is a smaller (coolant?) pipe that runs downwards that has a straight coupler with a pair of jubilee clips:-


So does this mean the EGR valve has also been replaced?

Thanks
Jon
No , unless it was found to be sticky when it was off having the Cooler changed ..
Any volvo dealer will be able to tell you the history of warranty work done .
__________________
My comments are only based on my opinions and vast experience .
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clan For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 06:25   #1802
Zebster
Senior Member
 
Zebster's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 08:53
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ludlow
Default

So EGR cooler replaced but no way to tell whether the valve has without contacting a dealer?
Zebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 08:22   #1803
craigv60
Master Member
 

Last Online: Today 11:33
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Macclesfield
Default

Unfortunately, only a dealer could tell you.

How many miles has your car done? If it's around 30,000 to 40,000, it's possible that at least one fix was done to it before the current 'definitive' fix (i.e. it may have had two fixes done in total).

Clan is right, dealers only replaced the actual EGR valve if it was sticking, because the real problem was in the EGR cooler unit. However during the early days of this problem, quite a lot of the cars developed sticky valves.

The good news is that once replaced, the new EGR valves usually have not given problems.
craigv60 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigv60 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 09:41   #1804
Clan
Experienced Member
 
Clan's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 12:29
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L/H side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigv60 View Post
Unfortunately, only a dealer could tell you.

How many miles has your car done? If it's around 30,000 to 40,000, it's possible that at least one fix was done to it before the current 'definitive' fix (i.e. it may have had two fixes done in total).

Clan is right, dealers only replaced the actual EGR valve if it was sticking, because the real problem was in the EGR cooler unit. However during the early days of this problem, quite a lot of the cars developed sticky valves.

The good news is that once replaced, the new EGR valves usually have not given problems.
don't forget the EGR valve design was changed early on , much less sticking after that .
__________________
My comments are only based on my opinions and vast experience .
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 17:37   #1805
Zebster
Senior Member
 
Zebster's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 08:53
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ludlow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigv60 View Post
Unfortunately, only a dealer could tell you.

How many miles has your car done? If it's around 30,000 to 40,000, it's possible that at least one fix was done to it before the current 'definitive' fix (i.e. it may have had two fixes done in total).

Clan is right, dealers only replaced the actual EGR valve if it was sticking, because the real problem was in the EGR cooler unit. However during the early days of this problem, quite a lot of the cars developed sticky valves.

The good news is that once replaced, the new EGR valves usually have not given problems.
63k miles.

Thanks
Zebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 16:33   #1806
shouldbeworking
New Member
 

Last Online: Aug 10th, 2018 11:04
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Balmullo
Default

Evening All,

Reading through the thread it appears some have been able to get Volvo to cover the cost, others not so much.

My father has a 2014 V70 D4 and the dreaded EGR fault appeared, in a rush to get it resolved and get back on the road, he just went to the local garage and had them fit a new Volvo EGR valve and flush the oil cooler....and now after a bit of Googling he has discovered its potentially a bit more serious.

He contacted the local Volvo dealer, who told him they won't do anything now the dash light is off. He then tried Volvo HQ in the UK and again, won't do anything. However, without the revised cooler and plumbing, it would appear this will happen again?

The car is still under warranty and has a full Volvo Service history, also, it had the EGR valve replaced by Volvo before the purchase of the car, but not the cooler or piping :-/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
shouldbeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 20:45   #1807
Clan
Experienced Member
 
Clan's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 12:29
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L/H side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldbeworking View Post
Evening All,

Reading through the thread it appears some have been able to get Volvo to cover the cost, others not so much.

My father has a 2014 V70 D4 and the dreaded EGR fault appeared, in a rush to get it resolved and get back on the road, he just went to the local garage and had them fit a new Volvo EGR valve and flush the oil cooler....and now after a bit of Googling he has discovered its potentially a bit more serious.

He contacted the local Volvo dealer, who told him they won't do anything now the dash light is off. He then tried Volvo HQ in the UK and again, won't do anything. However, without the revised cooler and plumbing, it would appear this will happen again?

The car is still under warranty and has a full Volvo Service history, also, it had the EGR valve replaced by Volvo before the purchase of the car, but not the cooler or piping :-/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Well you had a car under warranty and you took it to someone who was not an authorised volvo repairer and probably was not aware of the correct process and you spent your own money on it . .
The dealer is correct , they will not look at the car unless the warning light is on , if they do who is going to pay for it? Volvo rightly won't ..wait for the light to come on and hope it is still within their free repair extension then they will do what is necessary to fix it at probably no cost you , so all you can do now is wait . You can't flush the cooler effectively so hopefully the wait will not be too long .
__________________
My comments are only based on my opinions and vast experience .
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clan For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 07:01   #1808
iain cooper
Senior Member
 

Last Online: Yesterday 08:47
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: argyll and bute
Default

the fact that the modified plumbing was not done would make it likely that the warning light will eventually come back on.

I would agree with Clan's advice re situation and way forward.

Iain
__________________
MY15 XC60 D4 FWD SE LUX NAV Geartronic
iain cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 11:04   #1809
shouldbeworking
New Member
 

Last Online: Aug 10th, 2018 11:04
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Balmullo
Default

Thanks for the comments gents, thought that would be the case. Just seems to be an inherent problem with the D4 VEA engine, annoying that the EGR was previously replaced by the actual Volvo dealer six/seven months ago and none of this other work was carried out, I would have expected them to be a bit more on the ball with this problem and corrected it the first time.
shouldbeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shouldbeworking For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 11:24   #1810
Clan
Experienced Member
 
Clan's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 12:29
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L/H side
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldbeworking View Post
Thanks for the comments gents, thought that would be the case. Just seems to be an inherent problem with the D4 VEA engine, annoying that the EGR was previously replaced by the actual Volvo dealer six/seven months ago and none of this other work was carried out, I would have expected them to be a bit more on the ball with this problem and corrected it the first time.
Yes, it is a pity about the EGR issue , the engine is great otherwise ..
your egr valve had already been replaced once , it wouldn't have needed doing the second time as well . They cannot change a part if it is not faulty at the time of inspection , The main problem is with the cooler rather than the EGR valve . But 90% of problems are cured now once you get the full hose kit and cooler changed next time the light comes on . It is vital that the engine software is updated at least yearly too , that is continuously being updated almost monthly.
__________________
My comments are only based on my opinions and vast experience .
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clan For This Useful Post:
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (2 members and 9 guests)
Chrisv60, liversausage
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:31.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.