Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 2.0 Sport LPG. 124000 Miles

Views : 430

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 7th, 2019, 21:29   #1
Saabturbo

Default V40 2.0 Sport LPG. 124000 Miles

This is for the bangernomics people out there.
Metallic black
I bought this off another member nearly 3 years ago after it had sat for a year. Because it sat when I bought it I had to replace disks and pads all round, new rear calipers and front to back brake lines. I also replaced the air con pump and it is still ice cold.

Since I bought it have put about 25000 miles on it and use it to travel for work, it has just finished a 400 mile trip to Woking and back and drove faultlessly returning a cost equivalent of 65mpg on the gas.
Because I use it for work it has always been kept well maintained mechanically. In my ownership it has had new front springs as one broke, new exhaust from the cat back, new drop links and roll bar bushes, 4 new tyres. It was also services in October last year (oil, filter and plugs). The LPG works faultlessly.

The car does between 240 and 260 miles on a tank of gas, it's a 45 litre tank in the spare wheel well and takes up no boot space. The car starts on petrol until it's warm then automatically switches over. It costs between £20 and 25 to fill with gas, depending on price. I get it for 52p a litre from Asda Pudsey. I use an app called fill LPG when I travel around and I have not yet had to run it on petrol. (Apart from when the wife doesn't fill it)
Externally the car is tatty at best. More recently, I used the car to stop someone stealing my neighbours car and it was rammed. (They didn't get the neighbours car). The damage is cosmetic and the rear arch has been knocked back out as it was rubbing the tyre. Ideally it wants 2 doors but they both work perfectly although i have disconnected the back window as the mechanism is bent. You can see the damage in the photos.

It has 17" alloys, factory HID headlights and tinted rear windows. There has been some oil spilled in the rear foot well which has not been cleaned out.
The car was going to be sold soon anyway as it is too small for us (we have bought a van) but it's insurance is out on Sunday night so I want to see if I can shift it before then.

It has 124000 miles on the clock and it has an MOT until May. No reason to expect any MOT issues, no warning lights etc....
I can sent pictures. I recommend you ask for them if your interested. andymurray@gmail.com for enquiries

Last edited by Saabturbo; Feb 7th, 2019 at 21:30. Reason: Forgot to say colour
Saabturbo is offline   Reply With Quote