Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

More members set to benefit from VOC Insurance

Views : 1058

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 28th, 2019, 14:41   #1
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Default More members set to benefit from VOC Insurance

More members set to benefit from Chris Knott/VOC Insurance service...

Hi,

Insurers have relaxed their rules under our car clubs and enthusiasts offering which means we should be able to help more of you get a better car insurance deal.

We'll still be applying common sense to our quotes but there'll no longer be hard and fast minimum driver age requirements on models. Instead we'll be assessing risks on a case by case basis - looking for relevant driver and vehicle experience.

The Chris Knott scheme via this forum rewards safer drivers and we think there are more of you on the car club and enthusiasts scene than anywhere else in the UK.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 3 years and have 2 years NCB to use (gained on the quoted vehicle or another that can be mirrored across inc. company car).

We can now quote if you've had a fault claim as long as it was at least 12 months ago. Even if you have had a fault claim in the last 12 months, if the cost was under £2k we can still help.

If you can comply with these few criteria, there's a strong chance that Chris Knott will be your best option for car insurance this year.

Please put us to the test by calling 0800 023 4374 for a quote when your renewal falls due. Don't forget to mention this club/forum which will be your ticket to accessing this special car clubs and enthusiasts scheme.

Alternatively, you can complete contact details at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote/?ref=crit19 and we'll call you.

best,
Nick

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.

Last edited by ChrisKnottIns; Jan 28th, 2019 at 14:52.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 14:43   #2
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

I tried Chris Knott for my XC70 and found it to be £200 more expensive

2012 Volvo XC70 3.0L AWD T6 [CAN🍁]
2015 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D4 SE LUX - Sold 78,728 Miles (July 2023) [GB]
2012 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D3 SE LUX - Written off 76,500 Miles (Aug 2017)[GB]
SignumGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 21:22   #3
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignumGB View Post
I tried Chris Knott for my XC70 and found it to be £200 more expensive
More than whom? I'm with Chris Knott and my renewal has just come through with a £60 hike so looking around to see whether to move..

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 21:59   #4
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
More than whom? I'm with Chris Knott and my renewal has just come through with a £60 hike so looking around to see whether to move..
Cheapest quote I got was £320. However didn't have euro travel. Went with RAC and got it for £375 for the year including business use.

The Following User Says Thank You to SignumGB For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 22:13   #5
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Wow, they just came in at over £500 so won't be going there....interestingly, they are underwritten by Highway - the same company that my Chris Knott quote is for!

Previous - 2011 S80 D3
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 23:14   #6
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote me happy (via go compare) came in better than £40 less than renewal, with much better policies for NCD protection and windscreen replacement so looks like I'll be off there.

Previous - 2011 S80 D3
The Following User Says Thank You to St Evelyn For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 23:53   #7
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

Quote:
Quote me happy (via go compare) came in better than £40 less than renewal, with much better policies for NCD protection and windscreen replacement so looks like I'll be off there.
Insurance quotes are really hit and miss. Prices change daily and depending on area you reside. Last year Admiral were best for me last year but this time they were £700!!

Old Jan 29th, 2019, 11:39   #8
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
... my renewal has just come through with a £60 hike...
Last year you paid £370. This year we've invited at £355.

If you've found an alternative quote we can potentially use that with insurers to secure a further reduction and keep you.

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisKnottIns For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 22:24   #9
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Last year you paid £370. This year we've invited at £355.
I think you'll find that the £370 I paid last year was when I owned my 520D; I changed car in April and got a refund due to the Volvo being a cheaper vehicle to insure - that's why your renewal letter shows that my annualised premium for last year was £325.13 including £25 for legal cover (despite being told that this was standard cover that couldn't be removed), versus my quote for £355 this year...apologies then, it was a £29.87 hike this year on a quote-for-quote basis, not the £60 I suggested. Ironic really that I overstated my like-for-like variance by £30.13 yet, when trying to prove me wrong, you've understated it by £44.87 - perhaps in future you should ensure you've got all the facts before trying to call out a customer who has provided you with many years of loyal business...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
If you've found an alternative quote we can potentially use that with insurers to secure a further reduction and keep you.
An interesting point this, and a tactic that you've used previously to retain my custom when your prices were higher than the rest of the market. The last time that this happened I was informed that all Ts&Cs would have to be mirrored, meaning that my excess was increased - not an issue as I never claimed. Be interesting to see if that rule still applies as I'd love to see you match the improved Ts&Cs that I've been offered - I take it that this mirroring rule is two-way and not just to the benefit of the underwriter...?

Previous - 2011 S80 D3
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 12:59   #10
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Ah yes, you're right, there was a change of vehicle early on in the policy year. We were both a little off then - good job I don't personally do the quotes

The only thing I'd say is that the £325 annualised premium comparison doesn't include admin fee (£15) - it's just for the car insurance and legal expenses bundle. Unfortunately we weren't able to waive the fee as we have done in the past for you (including when you changed the vehicle so you got the full benefit of the refund). Like for like it has gone up £15 at renewal. The inclusion of the admin fee brings it to the £30.

Obviously we 'd like to retain your business but it comes down to whether the existing insurer is prepared to reduce their rate to keep you if price is your main motivator. We can certainly approach them if you're able to supply details of that alternative quote.