Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

lost key for 69 volvo 164

Views : 3142

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2008, 21:50   #1
Barbara

Default lost key for 69 volvo 164

hey there - I have acquired my uncles 1969 Volvo 164. We have no key or original manual for it. In calling a Volvo dealership they want the original manual in order to cut me a key. Any input out there for me?
Thanks.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 20:55   #2
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Default 164 key

Listed after your first post (in the oher section) are some options as to getting your new car movable. However, I assume your use of the word "manual" refers to ownership documentation - we call it either the registration document or V5 here. A manual here is a maintenance guide.

If you don't have this document you could quote the cars various numbers to your authorities and they may be helpful so a dealer can perhaps match it (but not if the lock has subsequently been changed). The proper Vehicle Identity Number is stamped down the hinge-piller of a front door (drivers one over here): there is a body plate rivetted to an inner wing/fender under the bonnet/hood, a plate with the colour etc on the bulkhead somewhere and the engine number stamped on part of the engine quite near the spark plugs. With these I contacted our registration centre, at Swansea, when I got a 164 without papers (or even registration plates!) and they came up with the paperwork OK. However, as I said in my last mail, we cannot get keys cut without proof of vehicle ownership, which means getting the documents registered in your name first.

Otherwise, out with the drill, as I said before.....

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 17:56   #3
Mr Scaff

Smile Lost keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
hey there - I have acquired my uncles 1969 Volvo 164. We have no key or original manual for it. In calling a Volvo dealership they want the original manual in order to cut me a key. Any input out there for me?
Thanks.
Barbara Hi, it is not the end of the world as you would think, i have just had the same problem with my 1970 volvo 164 which was due for mot, i acquired a new steering barrel and door locks from Amazon Cars and found them very helpful,i fitted them within the hour and am happy to say up and running again.
Good luck Mr Scaff
Mr Scaff is offline   Reply With Quote