Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

p1800s water tank

Views : 1438

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 22:18   #1
paul staines

Default p1800s water tank

Bits now needed 1x round washer bottle tank including fixing cage and cap. Managed to salvage both the overdrive and indicator stalks but need a black plastic end for one of them. so if anyone out there has any old rusty stalks with decent plastic ends I will gladly purchase. many thanks paul
paul staines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 12:41   #2
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
Bits now needed 1x round washer bottle tank including fixing cage and cap. Managed to salvage both the overdrive and indicator stalks but need a black plastic end for one of them. so if anyone out there has any old rusty stalks with decent plastic ends I will gladly purchase. many thanks paul
Post a pic of the stalk Paul, I have a few but not sure if I have the correct one or not so will need to check. Also have you a pic of the type of water bottle you're after and not sure if the ones I have are the same as the one you're after...
Burdekin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 13:22   #3
paul staines

Hi thanks for the reply. Not a clue how to post pics but. The indicator stalk and the overdrive stalk are the same diameter so any plastic end piece should fit. The black plastic one came of easily after soaking it in a cup of boiling water. It did go white though. Think this may of been 50 years of dirt and grease. It returned to black with help from a brillo pad !. The other stalk end was amber in colour and made of a harder material , This broke and is the one I need to replace. As for the water bottle only 2 were used ,one round one square. I need the round one with the top and the cage it fits in. The round bottle has a remote pump (which is working) The square tank has the cap fixed to the motor and lives inside the water bottle. The square ones are available from simon but inc washer motor work out at £100.00. He is trying to obtain me a round set from Sweeden . Also trying to get 2 x cables that operate the air vents. these seem to be out of production. Hope this helps Paul.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 13:27   #4
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Hmmm don't think I have any amber ones. Think all my water bottles might be square as well. Might have a couple of cables assuming the E and S are the same? I'll have a gander tonight in the shed.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 14:45   #5
paul staines

Thanks for the reply. does not need to be amber. Would prefer black anything that fits regardless of colour will do. Regards Paul
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 14:48   #6
paul staines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khe Sanh View Post
Hmmm don't think I have any amber ones. Think all my water bottles might be square as well. Might have a couple of cables assuming the E and S are the same? I'll have a gander tonight in the shed.
The cables should be the same. they are fitted with a T bar at one end where they attaché to the pull handles under the dash either side of car. Regards Paul
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 16:31   #7
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Sorry I didn't keep the spare cables by the look, only got the ones on mine.

Attached the pics of the stalks and bottles that I have, any good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2048.jpg (267.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2049.jpg (286.7 KB, 8 views)
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 16:53   #8
paul staines

Although they are not the round type fitted to my car as standard I can make the ones with red caps fit if they have working motors and fixing bracket. The stalk in the middle is the same as the one I require. There would be no need to post the whole thing as I only require the black plastic bit on the end. please P.M me with cost. many thanks Paul
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 17:02   #9
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
Although they are not the round type fitted to my car as standard I can make the ones with red caps fit if they have working motors and fixing bracket. The stalk in the middle is the same as the one I require. There would be no need to post the whole thing as I only require the black plastic bit on the end. please P.M me with cost. many thanks Paul
I'll check them out over the next few days to see if they work, don't leak etc. and get back to you. You can have them for the price of postage if they are okay.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 12:29   #10
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Hi Paul,

I've been busy at home building a deck and gazebo so not had time this week to check things over. Will be at the workshop on Sunday so should get to it then but will have to ask my wife to post stuff as I'm away for work next week.

I see you're in Bradford. I'm driving down to Louth on Monday, I could take a wee detour to drop off the parts as long as it's not too much hassle for me to get to you, ie driving through the middle of Bradford? If this is handy for you drop me a PM of where would be a good place to meet/drop off the parts. I'll probably be near you at around 2 to 3pm in the afternoon.

Last edited by Burdekin; Oct 31st, 2013 at 12:34.