Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wood Dash Trim Kit

Views : 1419

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 12:21   #1
BobbyDazzler

Hi all

Has anyone seen, or fitted, one of the wood dash trim kits as advertised on Ebay?

I'm blessed with an acre of grey and black plastic in my 850 saloon and was just wondering if these kits are a worthwhile addition or improvement.

I've seen pics of interiors of 850's for sale on Ebay with walnut (I think) dash's and they really bring the interior to life (the 'cruiser burl wood' option on those Ebay kits look very, very nice).

Any advice anyone?

Best regards
Bob
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:45   #2
Piran

you need to be very careful with these as they're mostly sticky back plastic and can look really bad.

I can't comment for the ones you've seen and I know there are some quite good ones but I couldn't tell you which. An alternative if you just want to get rid of the grey plastic is to spray the pieces.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 17:01   #3
600andy

I have Bob, and really glad I did. Its obviously not real wood, but a vinyl. Goes on really easily once the areas are cleaned properly, and in my case, I think it looks the dogs gonads, and well worth the £56 I paid on ebay for it. Highly recommended. Pics available on request.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 17:44   #4
eddie69
Eddie69

Default RE: Wood Dash Trim Kit

Hi bob,
I fitted the carbon fibre one to my 850 T5 which has black interior and it blends in lovely, if its the same company just make sure the surface where its going is free from greases cleaners etc, and i used a hair dryer to warm the pieces so they were plyable and it turned out excellent,

Regards Eddie
850 T5
eddie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 22:20   #5
BobbyDazzler

Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Andy, yep....would love to see some pics as i'm a little undecided on what colour 'wood' to go for.

Best regards
Bob
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 22:45   #6
BobbyDazzler

Hmmm....Andy may be able to help here with the pics of his installation, but which colour 'wood' would you people go for?

I'm thinking it can only be Japanese cherry, Oxford burl or cruiser burl (I like the latter) but not sure if it would sit well. Car interior is black and darkish grey (with a slight blue tint?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...535126905&rd=1

all the best
Bob
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 16:18   #7
600andy

Hey Bob,

No probs, I will snap happy and mail ASAP.

Andy
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 22:05   #8
BobbyDazzler

Cheers Andy - look forward to it.

Bob
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 22:24   #9
Mike Smith
Master Member

Default RE: Wood Dash Trim Kit

Andy
Any chance of posting pictures to the gallery?

Regards
Mike
'96 GLT Auto Estate

For Every Problem - There is a Solution, Hopefully!
Mike Smith is offline   Reply With Quote