Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Picked it up today

Views : 1455

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2014, 21:03   #1
Spitfire4
Master Member

Default Picked it up today

Picked our baby up today, and she is great!

Wow what a car, and I know you all feel the same, still trying to get round everything, so much to learn. The wife's read the manual but seems to have forgotten it all as soon as she got in the car!

Love the interior, cream leather, the exterior colour everything, I drove it from the garage to a restaurant for lunch then the mrs said she was driving it home, since she hasn't driven one I let her, says it's smooth, plenty of power, had it up to 80 in no time, the racing genes coming through!

Heated seats great and they heat the back as well as the seat, someone asked the question the other day.

It has TPMS and electric lumbar switch.

Ray Chapmans at York have been excellent throughout, giving us a huge discount as well as a decent price for our car, cannot fault them. Sorted out the hoist for us aswell.

Will get some pics and post.
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 09:51   #2
swishtony
Master Member

Congrats on the new arrival! Look forward to seeing some pics.

Thanks for the heated seat comment, was a bit worried after reading that the other day. The main reason I like them so much is to warm my back up when I'm off to play golf in the winter!
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 11:24   #3
gavc_uk

I've suddenly gone to "Transportation to dealer" with estimated date having jumped forward a week to "29 SEP - 10 OCT"

All very exciting, after all this time you almost think its never gonna happen!
gavc_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 11:35   #4
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavc_uk View Post
I've suddenly gone to "Transportation to dealer" with estimated date having jumped forward a week to "29 SEP - 10 OCT"

All very exciting, after all this time you almost think its never gonna happen!
it'll be at the dealers next week and they'll definitely want it on this months/quarters sales figs!
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 11:57   #5
gavc_uk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
it'll be at the dealers next week and they'll definitely want it on this months/quarters sales figs!
Music to my ears. Would love to get it on Friday 26th. Lots of visitors that weekend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gavc_uk For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 13:44   #6
swishtony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
This is what my dealer has been promising me. Having said that today My Volvo has been updated..... To another week later. That's the first time that has happened, should have been 3 weeks now pushed back to 4 weeks so cannot see it arriving this month now. So ****ed off with the wait now, especially after my dealer 'guaranteed' an early September delivery. Bar stewards!
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 16:12   #7
gavc_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
This is what my dealer has been promising me. Having said that today My Volvo has been updated..... To another week later. That's the first time that has happened, should have been 3 weeks now pushed back to 4 weeks so cannot see it arriving this month now. So ****ed off with the wait now, especially after my dealer 'guaranteed' an early September delivery. Bar stewards!
It is excruciating. Apologies for shouting about my progress Swish!
The Following User Says Thank You to gavc_uk For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 17:35   #8
Spitfire4
Master Member

This must be so annoying for you Swishtony, have to say our dealer always said earlier September when we ordered to getting it.
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 18:07   #9
swishtony
Master Member

To be honest it is starting to leave a bit of a sour taste..... just hoping it doesn't end up tarnishing the whole Volvo buying experience as I've been so looking forward to getting the new car. I am slowly beginning to lose interest and feel a bit flat about the whole thing. The only reason I'm upset is that they used this delivery promise as leverage to get my order which I was ready to place with DTD. I even questioned them a few times on the subject but he was adamant it would arrive then. Their only mistake is they should never have promised me a 1st week of September delivery.
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 19:02   #10
gavc_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
To be honest it is starting to leave a bit of a sour taste..... just hoping it doesn't end up tarnishing the whole Volvo buying experience as I've been so looking forward to getting the new car. I am slowly beginning to lose interest and feel a bit flat about the whole thing. The only reason I'm upset is that they used this delivery promise as leverage to get my order which I was ready to place with DTD. I even questioned them a few times on the subject but he was adamant it would arrive then. Their only mistake is they should never have promised me a 1st week of September delivery.
I tried to forget about it and actually I've always told the Mrs it will be ages. I think that helped me not to focus on any particular date.

Hopefully I get to surprise her in the near future.

It does leave you a bit flat though, I can appreciate that.

I'm sure once you see the "Transportation to dealer" status you will perk up.
The Following User Says Thank You to gavc_uk For This Useful Post: