Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

One less Volvo 240

Views : 2315

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2021, 09:25   #11
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-Member View Post
It turns out my insurance company have actually gone into liquidation. I now have a 'revised' policy in my hand with the additions;

Endorsement 013, Classic policy No Claim Bonus- The ’No Claim Bonus’ section 15 of this document does not apply to this insurance.

Endorsement 020, No Refund of premium Under section 13 ('Cancelling this insurance') of the policy booklet, we will not refund your premium if you cancel the policy.

REASON FOR ISSUE: New Business
BROKER: Adrian Flux Insurance
SCHEME: Trinity Lane - Super Sch ECiocan TIC

Trinity Lane and Adrian Flux are incredible, the director of Trinity Lane is David James Flux, The directors of the recovery company they 'use' (Hadleigh Breakdown Limited) David James Flux and his wife! Not only has this guy got his surname on the brokership, he's got his hand in behind all the scenes also.

I have no idea who Adrian is but this guy is running all the shows.

I'm still apparently insured with Flux though?? Makes no sense.
... it sounds like just some sort of administrative change, and that you are now covered by Adrian Flux insurance - I've used them previously and they seem to be a good, reputable company. You should have no problem with the claim payment for you car, which is the most important thing.

Do you think that perhaps they will let you keep the 240 once the claim settled - or if not perhaps buy it back for a small amount? In that case if you got another 240 it might be good to have it for spares.

Best wishes, it is good to hear you were not injured :-)

Alan
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 12:05   #12
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
It turns out my insurance company have actually gone into liquidation. I now have a 'revised' policy in my hand with the additions;

Endorsement 013, Classic policy No Claim Bonus- The ’No Claim Bonus’ section 15 of this document does not apply to this insurance.

Endorsement 020, No Refund of premium Under section 13 ('Cancelling this insurance') of the policy booklet, we will not refund your premium if you cancel the policy.

Trinity Lane and Adrian Flux are incredible, the director of Trinity Lane is David James Flux, The directors of the recovery company they 'use' (Hadleigh Breakdown Limited) David James Flux and his wife! Not only has this guy got his surname on the brokership, he's got his hand in behind all the scenes also.

Afternoon

Should you require additional assistance from us, please don't hesitate to DM me and we can discuss.

Dan
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 15:06   #13
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:

Adrian Flux are just brokers , they choose a company who will give them ( and possibly you) the best deal ,, if you have a claim you then have to deal with the insurance company they have chosen you and you have never heard of before , you are on your own then they don't administer anything else for you .. Been there done that ...
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 20:33   #14
cross-Member

Default Ok

I will say no more here. I must have followed a couple of trails through Companies House wrongly.
cross-Member is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cross-Member For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 20:45   #15
cross-Member

Default Inaccurate

Quote:

My post above is innacurate and was made in haste and without due diligence.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 21:09   #16
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
My post above is innacurate and was made in haste and without due diligence.
That’s ok we all do things like that! 🙂.

Very sorry about the 240 but I think once you have a car like that you always need to have one.

I bought my 2012 XC90 from Volvo and I test drove a brand new one. I have had mine knocking on 4 years but couldn’t bring myself to buy a new one as mine feels like a luxuary truck. The new ones feel like a luxuary car pretending to be a truck!

I service mine, look after it, and with 110k on the clock feel it’s as tight as new! It must be hard to loose the 240. Have you thought of getting another one yet?
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 18:57   #17
cross-Member

Default Flux

Everything I said was true and accurate , I was actually afraid of that company at the time so I retracted. 'they seem to be a good, reputable company.' What are you, one of their roadies?
Shocking.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 04:34   #18
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Everything I said was true and accurate , I was actually afraid of that company at the time so I retracted. 'they seem to be a good, reputable company.' What are you, one of their roadies?
Shocking.
Was that comment aimed at me? Is there something I said to offend you?

I’m a bit confused.

Alan
Old Feb 11th, 2021, 08:38   #19
cross-Member

Default Very Sorry.

I'm sorry Othen, that was completely uncalled for.
It was just that I have found Adrian Flux to be of ill-repute, different situations though, completely. Please accept my apologies.

I got nothing for the car. I had to pay the recovery, they took away last years no claims bonus and they will not pay back a penny of my £280, paid up front policy which runs 'till December...
Right now I can't get to the shops, the bank anywhere as I don't have the cash for another car at the moment. Oh, Sorry ranting again...
Old Feb 11th, 2021, 09:13   #20
cross-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX View Post
Afternoon

Should you require additional assistance from us, please don't hesitate to DM me and we can discuss.

Dan
I would like to ask a series of questions regarding the policy changes etc. and I'd like to do it in public forums thanks. May it'll help someone else at a later date.