Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Autodoc, parcel missing in action.....

Views : 5206

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2021, 13:17   #31
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Unbelievable, just got this email from them, considering tracking said its on route....
Doesn't know, left hand, doing, what, right hand, doing - rearrange with a couple of extra words into what they really mean!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 14:00   #32
paddy74

I am telling you, that is kind of a system. And it has some very good legal strategy.

As long as they keep you informed and the package is "on the way", you will not have the legal arguments on your side...
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 15:55   #33
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
I am telling you, that is kind of a system. And it has some very good legal strategy.

As long as they keep you informed and the package is "on the way", you will not have the legal arguments on your side...
Must be a German thing?

Had it been paid using paypal, over here in the UK we would get a refund by now due to shipment past due!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 16:10   #34
Bashy
Aged Member

I sent them a reply email threatening them with UK Trading Standards due to the business practises with misleading their UK customers into thinking that they are UK based and their delivery promise being a sham (see below) and requested a refund by the end of today.

They said for items in stock;

means that the product is currently in stock in our warehouse. Items that are in stock are shipped within 4–5 days of receipt of payment for the order.

That clearly didnt happen, I paid on the 31st Dec, even if that didnt go through til say the 4th jan (bit of breathing space due to the holiday) thats still 15 days, not quite the 4-5 days, not to mention their tracking saying GLS had it from the 5th of Jan, just a whole load of codswallop.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 16:21   #35
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Must be a German thing?

Had it been paid using paypal, over here in the UK we would get a refund by now due to shipment past due!!
Sadly not just a German thing, many UK companies do it as well including but not limited to Euro Car Prats who have listed an item in stock, i've bought said item only to be sent an email telling me it's out of stock (if i'm lucky, other times they've just sat on the order until the part comes in then sent it, they told me once that it was leaving their depot as they spoke but the delivery driver must have had a time machine as it landed 5 minutes after the call!) and offered the chance to wait or cancel.

Trying to buy a Xmas present for a close friend from a well-known mail order catalogue, i placed my order and ten minutes later got an email saying it was out of stock.
Next morning (some 6 hours later) it was back in stock so i ordered it then but had to jump through various hoops via phone and email to get the first non-existent one removed from my account.

The UK companies seem more slick at covering their mistakes or perhaps not quite as willing to admit to them.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 16:48   #36
paddy74

Interesting! But are you sure?!?

PayPal here does the following:
  • If package isn't delivered in the set time frame, you can open a case for a refund with PayPal.
  • The seller gets a notice and has ten days to respond.
  • The seller can now reply, if he does so, and can provide a shipping / tracking code, PayPal sets the case on hold for another ten days to wait for the arrival of the package.
  • If the seller doesn't reply or can't provide a shipping code, PayPal will accept your refund case and sends you the money.
  • If the package doesn't turn up within the ten days, the seller is contacted automatically and can set a date for a refund. PayPal sets the case on hold again and waits for the seller to pay you back (less work for PayPal)
  • Only if this fails, PayPal gives you the money, but right here we're three weeks later. If a seller knows how to cheat the system, he can easily provide PayPal with enough data, to at least stall the case...

And out of my own experience a few months ago, I can tell, it works exactly that way, despite that the package arrived within the second ten day period.

I'm curious to see how this turns out, my guess is still on "package will be delivered, but late, late, late" and you won't get anything as a compensation. Neither from Autodoc, nor PayPal... Let's hope at least the parts are correct...

Oh and btw, Autodoc has it's headquarters in Germany, but neither the owner nor the managment are german. Not much about known german virtues with Russians (assumed according to the first names of the management)

Last edited by paddy74; Jan 19th, 2021 at 16:52.
paddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 18:27   #37
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Oh and btw, Autodoc has it's headquarters in Germany, but neither the owner nor the managment are german. Not much about known german virtues with Russians (assumed according to the first names of the management)
Do you have a link to where i can find the owners/managements names please? I'm just curious.

Old Jan 19th, 2021, 21:05   #38
sam1

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstv70 View Post
I've used them a few times....my only criticism is the stuff takes an age to arrive which was a problem the first time as I hadn't factored it into my plans but once you know it's ok. Prices and range are good in my opinion. I think they are based in Germany so any problems should get sorted.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal optimist View Post
Never had a problem with them in terms of failure to deliver the bits or brands I’ve ordered. I’ve also never used them (or Skandix for that matter) where I’ve needed stuff urgently.
same here

Current - '22 XC40 Recharge.
Past - '86 240, '94 940, '07 V70, '91 940, '12 XC70, '06 S80 V8
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sam1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 21:15   #39
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Do you have a link to where i can find the owners/managements names please? I'm just curious.
Sure
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/services/about_us_big
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 21:42   #40
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks for that, i see why you suspect Russian, i'd throw Czech, Serb, Romanian and Latvian into the possible mix as well.