Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Scan Tool (Free Scan)

Views : 180099

Replies : 76

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 6th, 2016, 14:29   #51
peterdb

Lightbulb Volvo Scanner

good day all,
I did buy recently a PPC£ diagnostic system connected direct to Sweden by software installed in my laptop.
It shows all problems having with my Volvo V70 T5 but in general it can be for any other car also.
Only with Volvo I do have the possibility to check on line and the codes gives enough info to solve the problem and exactly tells me what is wrong.
The purchase price of £330 is not wasted knowing the price of a read out you pay in a Volvo workshop.
So if anybody has a problem with his Volvo and wants to know what it is as long I'm here in the UK you welcome to contact me and pass by to have it done.
Have to say that normally I'm working abroad for a period of time but presently home waiting for my next call to Hamburg.
Send me a line if in need of this equipment.
Have a nice day all.
peterdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2016, 19:34   #52
pompeyjohnboy

My iCarsoft i806 scanner arrived today, and cleared the annoying SRS light after I fixed my seat cable.

If anyone needs any codes read or cleared for Free, I'm in Aldershot, Hampshire
pompeyjohnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pompeyjohnboy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2016, 08:02   #53
phatboy130
1999 V70 XT Auto

Codes read Kingsbridge, South Devon, flash codes or odb2, PM me and I'll get back to you, Thanks.

740 / 850 / V70 / 440

Current: 1999 V70 XT Auto
phatboy130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2016, 16:05   #54
Griffithsbilly88

Does anyone near Sudbury in suffock have one I could use as I think I may have a abs fault my abs light has never worked when you turn the ignition on on my car
Old Aug 20th, 2016, 16:07   #55
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffithsbilly88 View Post
Does anyone near Sudbury in suffock have one I could use as I think I may have a abs fault my abs light has never worked when you turn the ignition on on my car
It might be worth changing the bulb , you might have an unused warning light there you could swap bulb holders over .
Old Aug 26th, 2016, 05:35   #56
burgess

Has anyone tried or own a 2014D Super Volvo Dice Pro+ Diagnostic Scan Tool VIDA Version OBD2. There seems to be two versions on offer on ebay.com.

Like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3019432453...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Volv...AAAOSwyjBW65NZ

If so, will these provide coders and function controls for the C70 Mk1 cabrio roof?
burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2016, 11:42   #57
burgess

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdb View Post
good day all,
I did buy recently a PPC£ diagnostic system connected direct to Sweden by software installed in my laptop.
It shows all problems having with my Volvo V70 T5 but in general it can be for any other car also.
Only with Volvo I do have the possibility to check on line and the codes gives enough info to solve the problem and exactly tells me what is wrong.
The purchase price of £330 is not wasted knowing the price of a read out you pay in a Volvo workshop.
So if anybody has a problem with his Volvo and wants to know what it is as long I'm here in the UK you welcome to contact me and pass by to have it done.
Have to say that normally I'm working abroad for a period of time but presently home waiting for my next call to Hamburg.
Send me a line if in need of this equipment.

Have a nice day all.
Hello Peter,
I have a 2001 C70 cabrio Mk1 it has developed a roof problem, will the PPC3 provide read-outs for vehicle of this vintage and problem. also can you operated things via the computer link, suchas door-locks, windows, boot-lid, and in my case the roof which I'll need to do for re-calibration.

So besides the cost of the equipment are there any other costs involve to use the software and or internet links to Volvo data base?

I've looked at the VIDA DICE kit offered on ebay but they don't provide details of which models are covered.

I'm a newish member so cannot send PMs I'm in North Wales so too far to call by yours.
burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2016, 22:02   #58
vorlon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback02 View Post
Hi Guys / Gals,

Just a quick one.

I have just got hold of a Icarsoft i906, and this will read ALL Codes from Saab and Volvo.

So if anyone that is in my area, (Bangor, Co Down N.I.) want, needs their codes read then pm me, (a pint or two will cover it)

cheers all
joe.
Hi I have a 1999 V70 vol fcr is too old but tried Icarsoft and they said its only sure to work on 2001 cars which leaves me in limbo unless i get an alternative "dice"? Did you use the 906 on the 99 volvo?
vorlon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2016, 22:10   #59
silverback02
Premier Member

no sorry.
only tried it on Volvo 2001 V70 T5. Volvo 2004 C70. and 2005 Saad 9-3 Sport.
it worked on them.
if your anywhere near me. we can try it out.
RTI CD. SC901 Prem sound sys. Strut Brace
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silverback02 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2016, 00:56   #60
silverback02
Premier Member

If you only require the basic codes read, then any of the OBD2 ELM bluetooth Dongles will work with the Torque App on Android fones.
I first read my 99 S80 codes on a cheep ELM cable and the free software that came with it.
Ok it would only do the Engine and tell me that the Gearbox and brakes had codes stored, without telling me what codes.
But personally, I think that the Carsoft I906 "SHOULD" read yours ok, BUT plz don't quote me on that.
Good luck.
Joe.
RTI CD. SC901 Prem sound sys. Strut Brace
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silverback02 For This Useful Post: