Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tyres - Michelin Latitude Sport 3 or Crossclimate?

Views : 2604

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 14:55   #1
techwatcher
Master Member

Default Tyres - Michelin Latitude Sport 3 or Crossclimate?

Hi all,

The time has come for my XC60 to be treated to a new set of tyres.

Current tyres are Michelin Latitude Sport 3 - they are the original tyres and have lasted 60,000 miles.

Costco has both Latitude Sport 3 or Crossclimate in the the required size.

There is almost no price difference - any thoughts on which is the better tyre?
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 15:01   #2
JimmyP

From all the research I did (which included a lot of comments on here), I've just had 4 CrossClimates fitted to replace the factory-fitted Contis. Only had them fitted yesterday so far too early to give my own opinion obviously.
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 16:03   #3
4x4
I roll

Had CrossClimate tyres on a previous car and wouldn't buy them again. They were terrible at motorway speed if you hit standing water
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 16:07   #4
Lozzingers

Hi,
I'm a cross-climate convert. Had them for nearly 2 years now and about 20,000 miles, from about -2 to +38 degrees and worked very well. I have mentioned before on my XC90 (so different circumference) the only issue I've had is on the M25 concrete sections they vibrate at 70mph due to some resonance. I've not hit standing water at that speed knowingly so can't comment on that from the post above.
Good luck!
Lozzingers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 02:22   #5
Capt109

I also have the Cross Climate on my V90 CC, and have had no problems with them. They have now done 25k in 18 months and wear has been very good. I have not had any issues with aquaplaning in that time.
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 12:22   #6
Kentish

Just replaced mine with Pirelli Scorpion Verde, superb tyre

Previous MY18 S60 R-Design Lux Nav T4 Auto
Kentish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kentish For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2020, 20:57   #7
stevew321

What about Pilot Sport 4SUV? Saw a video on tyre testing that suggested all seasons best as “winter tyres” in UK and Summer tyres for the warmer weather.
stevew321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 14:53   #8
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew321 View Post
What about Pilot Sport 4SUV? Saw a video on tyre testing that suggested all seasons best as “winter tyres” in UK and Summer tyres for the warmer weather.

My next set of tyres... PILOT SPORT 4SUV.

But i need to admit... Latitude Sport 3 are very good. My car came with LS3 and i only have to say good things about them.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 16:12   #9
Adrian888

I would look at Tyrereview website for all weather tyre reports. Bridgestone come out tops in some recent magazine tests.
Adrian888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 12:51   #10
Lozzingers

Hi all,
I thought I'd share with you my reply from Michelin when I emailed yesterday asking when CrossClimate+ are due in my size (275/45/20) for when we need to replace (not yet). I also mentioned about the issue I have on concrete M25 at 70 mph and a slight resonance with the grooves. I thought their reply was very helpful and fast!
Hope it is of some use to someone...

Dear Laurence,

Thank you for contacting Michelin Customer Care.
And we very much appreciate your feedback. I have forwarded it to the appropriate department,
Regarding your query, we do actually have the latest version of the MICHELIN CrossClimate available in size 275/45 R20.
- 275/45 R 20 110Y CROSSCLIMATE SUV XL
The difference between the CrossClimate and the CrossClimate+ is that the new model offers 30% more longevity compared to other premium 4season tyres, and even when its worn down it delivers the level of snow traction of other tyres have at intermediate state, meanwhile the new model MICHELIN CrossClimate+ has better snow traction than its predecessor.

The MICHELIN CrossClimate SUV is an even newer version of the CrossClimat+ and the difference between these two tyres, is that the MICHELIN CrossClimate+ is designed for regular vehicles, while the MICHELIN CrossClimate SUV is designed for 4x4 or AWD vehicles. The rubber compound and tread pattern remain the same between the two, however the SUV version will have deeper grooves, enabling it to handle occasional off-road situations (about 10%).
The product number for this tyre is: 320613
It is rated C in fuel efficiency, B in wet grip and have 70db as external noise level.
I hope this information will be helpful for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions, we will be more than happy to help.
Kind Regards,
Lozzingers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lozzingers For This Useful Post: