Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ES door furniture

Views : 682

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2022, 15:33   #1
bells

Default ES door furniture

Anyone got instructions for removal of the door furniture on the 1800ES (think it's the same as the later P1800E as well). I've got instructions for the earlier models but the door cards are quite differrent on these later models.

I am struggling to get the bits off - especially the top black rail by the window and the door handle - See photo.

Have tried taking off the chrome ends at the front and rear of the top of the door to get the black rail off but no obvious way and I don't want to force it too much.

Any help, or instructions from the appropriate Volvo manual - much appreciated

Thanks
Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volvo door card.jpg (199.3 KB, 16 views)
bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 16:00   #2
VolvoRoyS

Here is a link to manuals that you will find useful

https://volvo1800pictures.com/sweden...in_page_en.php

Check out section 8 on body

Roy
VolvoRoyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 16:30   #3
bells

Yeah thanks Roy, I've got that but unfortunately it's for the slightly earlier 1800E models with different door furniture, and also annoyingly page 8.5 (which holds the crucial info) does not display in any of the pdf viewers I have. If anyone can see page 8.5 then appreciate a screenshot as it might hold useful info!
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 19:11   #4
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by bells View Post
Anyone got instructions for removal of the door furniture on the 1800ES (think it's the same as the later P1800E as well). I've got instructions for the earlier models but the door cards are quite differrent on these later models.

I am struggling to get the bits off - especially the top black rail by the window and the door handle - See photo.

Have tried taking off the chrome ends at the front and rear of the top of the door to get the black rail off but no obvious way and I don't want to force it too much.

Any help, or instructions from the appropriate Volvo manual - much appreciated

Thanks
Paul
Its over 20 years since I had my ES doors apart but from memory in connection with your two questions, the internal door handle has a roll pin through it and the spindle which has to be punched out with a suitable drift tool.

The window winder handle has no roll pin but has an omega clip which fits into a groove in the spindle, from memory it was a pain to remove and replace!

The black top rail is firmly and securely attached to the door card so once the armrest, door handle and window winder are off, together with the panel clips around the door card, the whole thing has to be lifted vertically to remove it from the door.

Hope this helps?

Paul
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 08:32   #5
bells

Thanks Paul that's great, good to know not to try to pull the top rail off separately!