Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 T8 my18 rdesign pro going back

Views : 1871

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2019, 10:33   #1
Panzernacker

Default XC90 T8 my18 rdesign pro going back

Been on here a couple of times and had some good info. My XC90 is a pile of crap. Has been in the dealer 8 times in 12 months. Many software and nav issues, Spotify not working , dash completely replaced and airsuspension that knocks over speed bumps (but dealer says it is within tolerance and they all do that ) . Lease company got an independent garage to road test it and agreed it is not good. So are releasing me from the lease with no cost to us. The dealer experience has not helped with not being able to get through. Being given V40 as courtesy cars. When it worked it was the best drive I have ever had. I wanted so much to love this car.

Now ordered the new Mercedes GLE. Don't get me wrong I will expect some issues. But hopefully not as many.
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 10:54   #2
MaDProFF
Master Member

I do think most of your issues are dealer related.

Air Suspension, if you go over speed bumps to fast, you do get that crashing sound, but only if you are going to fast, and speed humps, not noticed it at any other time. Not really the end of the World.

Why was Dash removed?

I agree software issues seem to be the most irritating problems, updates seem to break other things, but most dealers generally check and can find ways around, and look into issues like the charging after an update in your case, though on mine the charging and battery still worked fine, it was the mis reading on the gauge and range, but easy to work around.

I bought my XC60 to replace AMG GLA 45 and that had far more issues in the first year than my XC60 did, and dealer far less knowledgable.

Hope you have better luck.
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 11:15   #3
WABB
Volvo Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzernacker View Post
Been on here a couple of times and had some good info. My XC90 is a pile of crap. Has been in the dealer 8 times in 12 months. Many software and nav issues, Spotify not working , dash completely replaced and airsuspension that knocks over speed bumps (but dealer says it is within tolerance and they all do that ) . Lease company got an independent garage to road test it and agreed it is not good. So are releasing me from the lease with no cost to us. The dealer experience has not helped with not being able to get through. Being given V40 as courtesy cars. When it worked it was the best drive I have ever had. I wanted so much to love this car.

Now ordered the new Mercedes GLE. Don't get me wrong I will expect some issues. But hopefully not as many.
Sorry to hear about your car issues - can you name the dealer & is it one to avoid?
WABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 11:28   #4
Panzernacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABB View Post
Sorry to hear about your car issues - can you name the dealer & is it one to avoid?
Arnold Clark Stirling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Panzernacker For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 11:31   #5
Panzernacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
I do think most of your issues are dealer related.

Air Suspension, if you go over speed bumps to fast, you do get that crashing sound, but only if you are going to fast, and speed humps, not noticed it at any other time. Not really the end of the World.

Why was Dash removed?

I agree software issues seem to be the most irritating problems, updates seem to break other things, but most dealers generally check and can find ways around, and look into issues like the charging after an update in your case, though on mine the charging and battery still worked fine, it was the mis reading on the gauge and range, but easy to work around.

I bought my XC60 to replace AMG GLA 45 and that had far more issues in the first year than my XC60 did, and dealer far less knowledgable.

Hope you have better luck.
Leather was lifting and needed to be replaced. Having the car in that many times was costing me too much time and stopping me from doing things with my young family. If the Merc pulls issues like that I will get rid of that too. I have had no issues with santa Fe , Kia Sorrento etc. There is always going to be Friday cars. But for me it seems that the testing of releases on software etc are not good enough for a car and use the buyers as beta testers.
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 20:51   #6
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
The Hybrid version?

A couple of years ago I was looking for replacement for my Mk1 XC90. MB had a Hybrid version of the GLE, but the batteries were an afterthought and took up a fair bit of the boot space - raising the floor about 10cm compared to the ICE GLE. A saleman also told me the mpg was very poor, worse than the ICE version sometimes.

New GLE Hybrid due in 2020 I believe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GLE Hybrid - boot.jpg (253.2 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by AB-UK; Jan 12th, 2019 at 21:07.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 21:41   #7
Panzernacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
The Hybrid version?

A couple of years ago I was looking for replacement for my Mk1 XC90. MB had a Hybrid version of the GLE, but the batteries were an afterthought and took up a fair bit of the boot space - raising the floor about 10cm compared to the ICE GLE. A saleman also told me the mpg was very poor, worse than the ICE version sometimes.

New GLE Hybrid due in 2020 I believe.
Nah straight diesel. Done with hybrid at the moment. The additional cost does not compare to the difference in running costs.
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 18:55   #8
Bash D Bishop
Volvo Virgin

Quote:
Arnold Clark Stirling.
When I saw your location I suspected that is who it was. I bought my V90 CC from there. Not a 'premium brand' experience in the slightest. I'm surprised Volvo still allow them to represent them.

My collection experience was very poor. After a bit of faffing around the salesman told me there were no mats or user guides in the car and they must have been removed by another member of staff to put in a second hand vehicle. The only solution they offered was a set of dirty rubber mats from a demo car. My wife went ballistic. After about 10 minutes they found a set and put them in.

When we went out to the car I wasn't impressed by the PDI. There were a few dirty marks and areas where polish hadn't been cleaned off fully. To make matters worse it was sitting there wet. They said it had been out the back and the car washers who wash the second-hand cars had blasted it with water!! By this time I was beyond furious and told them to get it dried off.

I had bought a very slightly marked roofbox from them (at a huge discount) that was on a car in the showroom and they had put this on Thule roofbars that I had supplied to them. Just before driving off I checked the bars and they had failed to tighten both bars one side and had also failed to tighten the box to the bars. If I had driven off without checking then the roofbox and bars would have flown off before I got to the M9.

I didn't say anything to them as I was trying to avoid my wife seeing what was happening as I think she would have exploded.

This is not the experience I would expect when picking up a car that retails at £44k.
Bash D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 19:24   #9
I Feel Old

I seriously hope AC Inverness is a different experience. If not it will be an excuse to have a night away somewhere. I hear the folks in Galashiels are good.

One of the reasons I moved away from my previous brand was the pathetic dealership. Interestingly I had a very similar experience back in 2007 when picking up a new Q7, sat outside filthy. The conversation was along the lines of; 'Irrespective of what it costs me, you will have a registered car on your hands'.

Destroyed the pleasure of buying the new car. And that's just one of numerous stories.

Glad I won't ever be back in Highland Audi.
I Feel Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 20:12   #10
Bash D Bishop
Volvo Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Feel Old View Post
I seriously hope AC Inverness is a different experience. If not it will be an excuse to have a night away somewhere. I hear the folks in Galashiels are good.
I had the choice of a Black and Charcoal car from AC or a Denim Blue and Blond car from Clelands in Gala. I'd have much rather used Clelands but I didn't want the Blond interior; hence why I ended up at Stirling.

My experience of Edinburgh Audi was also very poor. I was in full buying mode for an A6 Allroad. The salesman was always 'very busy' but eventually I pinned him down for a 24 hour test drive. I cam back very impressed and wanted to discuss purchase. Again he was too busy and promised to phone me. Despite a few chasers from me I'm still waiting for that call 6 years later. I ended up buying the A6 Allroad through Drive the Deal from a dealer in Wolverhampton. They were superb. The salesman collected my son and I from Birmingham Airport even though it was his day off.
Bash D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote